It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Alert! Alert! Alert! Problems with Team Joyner USA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:44 am 
Initiated

Well... the transmission I sent back to them was repaired/rebuilt by a "seasoned service tech" and then returned. They guy who repaired it put it back together wrong. Shelled all the gears and ruined the transmission. Team "JOKE" USA would not replace the transmission. Not only that, I am out the freight both there and back as well as the labor for the second time around. They will only supply parts for a local shop to rebuild the tranny - AGAIN! That was 1-1/2 months ago. Still do not have my buggy. The local shop has been very helpful in working with me... Team "JOKE" on the other hand has done nothing but blow me off. :evil:

They keep making excuses as to why they cannot give me a NEW tranny even though it was their fault. Even more excuses as to why it is taking so long to get the parts. And yet this whole issue is THEIR fault. :^o

You can bet your life savings I will NEVER buy from them again and I will tell every person I see the problems I had. Hell... when you call them you are put on hold for several minutes beofre you get a live person and then put on hold for even longer. They have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced!

They are still pretty new in the Mid-West and if I have anything to do/say about it... JOYNER is done before they got started! [-X

Post subject: Re: Alert! Alert! Alert! Team Joyner USA is a JOKE!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:39 pm 
Admin

Fat lotta good their extended warranty is if they won't honor it [-X

2 Polaris RZRs & a Dune 150. Ridge Runner--Gone. Yerfdog 3206--Gone (but you never forget your 1st!).
Buggy pictures, mods, ideas, how-to's:
http://tinyurl.com/8ltm8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:16 pm 

What are the terms of the warranty? If it says that they will furnish parts to an authorized service center, then you may have no course of action other than to scream about it everywhere you can until they are bullied into doing something.

The very fact that one of their mechanics screwed up the tranny tho....that might be actionable in a court of law.....

malossi delta clutch
mrp exhaust
mrp 30mm carb
k&n filter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 pm 
BN Elite Member

Where is the dealer in all this?

Glade

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:47 pm 

I had major problems with my now out of business dealer . What i did was report him to the Better Business Bureau.They straightened him rather quickely .And made him honor his promises.SOME TIMES YOU HAVE TO FIGHT!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:49 am 
Buggy Addict

Well, I believe thats one BLACK eye for Joyner. Not bad considering its the first bad thing ive heard about them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 am 
Initiated

The buggy was not under warranty. Their warranty is for something like 90 days with extended policies available.
My issue stems soley from I wanted the tranny rebuilt/repaired by people who knew the product and machine the best. Obviously, I assumed the manufacturer would be the best choice. I work in the manufacturuing industry and knowing what we can and cannot do made my decision easier. You would think as the North America Distributor they would know what they are doing... WRONG!
Those of you that have had good service, I am curious who you talk to. When I call I get a receptionist every time which is no big deal but they keep you on hold for 5-10 mins. Not only that, if you request a call back to follow up on something or just to update you they do not. Not once through the whole issue did they contact me to let me know they where working on it. [-X
The dealer did not come into play until the rebuilt tranny came back defective. He has been a great help and would have everything completed buy now if it weren't for Team Joyner's slow responses. As far as dealer concerns there are none. My biggest argument is Team "JOKE'S" product, customer, and service support are the poorest I have ever seen.
Granted I work in the agriculture industry and down-time is a measurable performance characteristic. For Joyner it means nothing. Who cares if you had plans... they don't! :!:

Okay I am done ranting but understand I still do not have my buggy back back they have lost parts for the 2nd time. What the hell! :twisted:

I am not one to name drop but should things (if it is even possible) get worse - look out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:59 am 
Admin

OMG you paid out of your own pocket and are getting this run-around?? John Burns should be dragged through a cactus patch if this continues...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:18 pm 
Buggy Addict

wow...that stinks!!! #1, the fact that the trans blew, #2 the fact that they rebuilt it AND it blew AGAIN!!! and #3 , the whole run around ONTOP of all the down time from the buggy!!!

Name drop, heck, I would be calling their home office, asking for ONLY the prez and say, WTF? Get the high-ups and their brothers' email addresses and start typing!!! Get a response from someone who has oversight! Dont type a manifesto, and dont berate them in the letter, just state the facts, state that you are EXTREMELY disappointed, and tell them what you want, or more or less, what you DESERVE!!!! See if that has ANY weight on your repairs then... If not, then I would become that irate customer that all receptionists, clerks, and so on, FEAR!!! lol

Good luck, we all look forward to immediate resolution for you!!!

John :D

[color=#0000FF]http://www.northeastbuggy.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:17 am 
Initiated

Guys it keeps getting better...

I did get fed up and began calling Burns only to have him tell me he would call me back. This happened twice and no return call.

The buggy was supposed to be done after awaiting parts 2 days ago. Guess what, the dealer is still missing parts and cannot get so much as a tracking number from Joyner.

Casey (service manager) was a help at first and then he basically gave up. I never heard from him. He kept giving me excuses that he was doing everything he could. Doubtful!

The service tech that did the repair is now gone... not sure on that deal. The fact remains they are giving me more than a run around.

I will let you all know how it ends. I am actually cooling off somewhat as I went a bought another quad so we can ride. Anybody want to buy a Sand Viper 800 REAL CHEAP? LOL :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

loderup wrote:
Anybody want to buy a Sand Viper 800 REAL CHEAP? LOL :D

With options like AGGRIVATION & HEADACHES NO THANKS :roll:

Good luck with getting this resolved and I think you need to light A larger fire under the big wigs . to get this resolved

15g Dr Pulley Sliders
Uni Filter
K&N Pre Charger Outerware
150 Main Jet
#45 Pilot jet
Steering mods
Fuel System mods
Exhaust mods
And More =====
This Buggy ROCKS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 am 
Admin

motion427 wrote:
...I think you need to light A larger fire under the big wigs to get this resolved

Well these issues do tend to turn into wildfires on BN :wink:

Anyway I don't think you can go any higher than John Burns. He's the sole US agent for Joyner, owns Team Joyner, and is the majority stockholder in the factory in China. That said owners often get better results dealing with their local authorized dealer and is why it's so important to buy from a solid reputable one.

2 Polaris RZRs & a Dune 150. Ridge Runner--Gone. Yerfdog 3206--Gone (but you never forget your 1st!).
Buggy pictures, mods, ideas, how-to's:
http://tinyurl.com/8ltm8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 pm 
BuggyNews Master

We have quite a few Joyner Reps/Dealers on this site. Can any of you step in and provide some assistance to loderup? This sounds like a complete fiasco and hopefully can be resolved. It's issues such as these that hamper our progression as a sport to become as big as the quad industry.

-Picchi

2009 Polaris RZR 170
2006 Trakker 250 (Sold)
2005 Carter Talon GX150IIR (Sold)
viewtopic.php?t=3811

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:47 pm 
BN Elite Member

Where did the machine orginate? Who was the dealer that sold the machine? Why was dealer not involved from the start?

Was this machine bought through auction?

Glade

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:30 am 
Buggy Addict

i have had zero problems with joyner (knock on wood)
i order my stuff from glade and he has the joyner head quarters send the stuff right to me its very nice and i get the stuff in 3 days

i hope you issue will be resolved

Borg warner T-98 Trans

2006 Joyner 250
Uni filter
LED lights
Sportsman rear shocks on front

All rides with "La Familia" can be found at
http://www.utvunderground.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:25 am 
Initiated

NEWSFLASH:
#1. John Burns does NOT own Team Joyner USA anymore. He sold his shares to a large corporation from Georgia. He is staying on as president, but is now an employee.
#2. Chery automotive, who makes the 800cc and 1100cc engines and trannies they use, gives a 12 month warranty on their product. TJUSA only passes on 90 days to the consumer. Nice huh?
#3. I know where there is a brand new tranny to fit your buggy, cheap. Still in the box w/an open diff. PM me.

I'm sure I will hear about this, but Mr John Burns is/will be the reason Joyner goes under. He is solely responsible for the pisspoor management of that company. He was lucky enough to take a chinese made product and americanize it. Believe me, I know. I love some of their product, but the prices are out of control, the warranty sucks, and he refuses to install an automatic tranny.
I'm not slamming any Joyner dealers out there. I know the crap you go through. Hopefully with the new sherriff in town, they will turn TJUSA around and actually give their dealers and customers a fair shake, before it's too late.
Now I should go call my attorney, John will probably want to sue me now.....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:18 am 
Sponsoring Dealer
Sponsoring Dealer

:shock: thats interesting. the only off road companys here I can think of is cobra powersports a tgb distributor and 4 wheel parts a jeep and 4x4 distributor.

http://www.mpsracing.net
www.mpsracing.net

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:24 am 
Initiated

From my understanding, the new corporation isn't even an off-road company. Some plastics conglomorate. Apex?, something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:43 am 
Sponsoring Dealer
Sponsoring Dealer

apex is an underground utility installation and maintenance company. thats strange

http://www.mpsracing.net
www.mpsracing.net

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:57 pm 
Buggy Addict

Cant verify this info in any way, but i called a connection I have at Joyner and they said john still owns the controlling interest in joyner. If anybody knows anything different Id like to hear the details? No offence but the poster who said other wise seams to have some sour grapes. Well dealers can you get any info?

2005 Corvair powered 4 seater- FOR SALE
1985 250sx trike
2005 250 Joyner DD highly modded- FOR SALE
2006 Joyner DD 300cc Polaris 2 stroke
2007 Joyner 250 Turbo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next