It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alternative Parts list for ROKETA 800 GK-25 GK-32 Joyner
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 pm 
Probie

Yes I have replaced plugs and wires

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:11 am 
Buggy Addict

Hi Kdoog,ground off each plug on top of engine,one at a time.Be sure you see spark in each plug. Look inside distributor cap for signs of arching,bad contact or cracks. Also make shure rotor in cap is in good shape,no burn marks.Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:39 am 
Initiated

Hi Guys, Do any of you know about a replacement/upgrade for the speedo in a python 2012 800efi ?
The EU version does not come with many extra gauges in the dash.
Its limited to the speed, km, engine lights. A extra gauge shows fuel level. The speedo unit itself looks like a 20$ type.

Was thinking about hooking up a small tablet to the OBDII but am not even sure what if the obdII port is actually working on the Joyners ???

Greetings
Steven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 pm 
Admin

These work well:

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/vapor

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:01 pm 
Initiated

Thanks PGH, good find! Those look identical to one i came across but discarded as it was over 200$
When i searched on the picture from your link i found them as brandless on ebay for 55$
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAIL-TECH-REPLACEMENT-VAPOR-STEALTH-COMPUTER-BLACK-7500-R2-/380749003144

Acewell also has several in the same price range.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Acewell-1550T-Speedometer-Computer-Universal-19-1550-/310420079360

However, most of these require wiring and sensors.
Is there anything that takes the info from the original sensors ??
Or even from the OBDII that (should) have all info?
Will also ask the EU importer of the Joyners, they have been very helpfull so far.

Greets
Steven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:40 pm 
Admin

The Trail Tech uses its own sensors. I am not sure if the outputs of the Chery engine sensors would be compatible. It does not use the OBDII connector for its connection. If you are looking for a nice inexpensive ODBII based gauge look at this one bellow - I use it on my truck and VW.

http://www.scangauge.com/

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:36 am 
Buggy Addict

Location: Pahrump, NV ~ 55 miles west of Las Vegas, in the Desert....near the Chicken Ranch Brothel
pgh you always amaze me at the PLETHORA of info you have in ur head you have an amazing memory as well!

sorry you got snowed in you woulda had a ball at VOF! wouldve loved to have met u n the wifey!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 am 
Initiated

An update:
"The 3 cyl. Chery engine does not support OBD-II.
It supports an old OPEL protocoll and you can get some sensor information, but far less detailed than the OBD-II standard of modern cars.
The connector for this ECU interface is underneath the dashboard."

So it means that a nice OBD2 display is out of the question..
Will see if i can get some more info.

Greetings
Steven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:12 pm 
Buggy Addict

Location: Pahrump, NV ~ 55 miles west of Las Vegas, in the Desert....near the Chicken Ranch Brothel
thanks Steven, yea I wish I had a nice new CHERY motor in mine! (EFI 4 valve per cyl)

http://www.cheryinternational.com/

Attachments:
chery-new-logo-china-1.jpg
chery-new-logo-china-1.jpg [ 33.76 KiB | Viewed 8082 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:56 pm 

I'm having a problem locating a steering part, unless this is a small welding fix.

First, forgive my lack of correct nomenclature/part names, but I'll learn. This is why I include pics, to alleviate all confusion.

I'm the 3rd owner of this Roketa 800cc. The 1st owner was apparently a hobby welder and when the steering wheel came loose in the portion that it meets the steering linkage, just under the tachometer/speedometer, he spot welded the little bitty metal knob that is the very end of the steering wheel knob/rod to the linkage connector, just a small spot (it appears to have had lined grooves to give the entire connection some kind of grip, but they appear somewhat smooth now).

That weld has now broken, cracked right in the middle, and there is lots of play in the steering. The only reason the steering wheel doesn't just spin and spin is bc a portion of the broken weld cut a groove in the knob of the steering wheel and the shavings eventually built up to stop it, but very dangerous to drive in this condition.

My question is:
Is there a part to replace this steering wheel knob (if so, where, what part #, and how much)
OR
Do I simply spot weld it again?

Attachments:
File comment: At Very center of pic. It's the little, dirty brown knob coming from the silvery steering thru the square linkage sticking thru the opening, very small. This is where the spot weld is.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 248.76 KiB | Viewed 8029 times ]
File comment: I turned the steering wheel so you can see a change where the weld broke. Look at the dirty brown, small knob (not the silvery portion)
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 253.5 KiB | Viewed 8029 times ]
File comment: Overall pic, to provide perspective. Again, it's under the tachometer/speedo.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 259.09 KiB | Viewed 8029 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:59 pm 

Dang, that was a big font, sorry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:51 am 
Admin

There are universal joints on your steering wheel shaft. Usually they are welded on to the shaft so the assembly needs to be replaced if the splines are stripped. If the splines going to the steering wheel are damaged, this also need to be replaced.

Your buggy is made by Goka and badged as a Roketa. Most of the 800's and 1000's share the same steering components so you should be able to look at the parts lists on Roketa.com to find what you need.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 pm 

Thanks for the reply PGH. I have some questions for clarification I'll PM you about.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:08 am 
Buggy Addict

Tat3r...my brother in laws did teh same thing, we drilled another hole and put a bolt thru and did some welding, my roketa was a little loose on bottom, luckily a little tightening did the trick FOR NOW...otherwise spend the $ and order from goka....
www.Roketa.com has some parts as well....look at thier website

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:28 am 

Great idea, Vegas! I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking about that solution. But I agree to simply get the parts. The splines on the steering pole do look fairly wimpy to be used in off-road, non-power steering application. Wish they had something with more meat so the splines wouldn't wear over time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:31 pm 
Buggy Addict

well thats why we buy these things, we like to fix things for fun lol otherwise wed just buy RZRs or sumthin...heheh

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:30 am 
Probie

Hello, im new to this forum. I just bought a 2005 Roketa GK-25a 800cc. I need a little HELP! I got a good deal on it. It is running. Paint is dry/burnt, winch is disconnected (not sure if it works), no switch for winch, no gauges (not sure if it had any to begin with), axle boots torn, leaking gear oil, no lights.
So I took the axles off today found a place locally that will rebuild them for $50ea. The oil seal from the trans case from where I pulled the axle off of is leaking Does anyone know if I could buy one from O'Reily that would fit really don't want to wait for shipping from roketa.com, also does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows headlight wires and winch wiring info?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:54 pm 
Buggy Addict

Hi Mr133! welcoem to buggying and BN!!!!!!

hmmm....I don't know a Napa or o'rielly the SEAL for the trans...someone else might hopefully they will chime in super fast for ya....

$50 ea axle? (both cvs?) or EACH CV end?? = $100 per axle

if $50 ea cv just do it yourself for $10 new boot and grease @ napa/orielly/autozone

CV boot/s ~ Precision CV boot part #5860 price $9.99 ~works perfect for outer CV....comes with cv grease and clamps....for inner cv the supplied clamp is a little too big....so needs alternative clamp (I used a large 3 1/2" hose clamp) or BUY a basic CV boot clamp set (adjustable) as a hose clamp will work only on one side, on drivers side a hose clamp will hit tranny... CHECKER orielly etc

as far as wiring, my stock winch has a large power & ground going to it...and it has a remote controller on a 5 foot cord attached to it....yellow controller... Harbor freight has 2500lb winches for $84 ...I got mine on sale $49 + with a 20% off coupon for like $41 out the door with tax...SCORE!!!

heres a coupon good for the $85 sale price 2500lb atv winch...makes it $49! with coupon! good thru August 30th Click link (they split the image so I cant just send you the coupon here...click link to print it out
http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wswidg ... 22_c3314b2

No Gauges were ever on the older GK series.... you hafta dd yer own....their was mebbe a idiot TEMP light.... they did have turn signal and a turn switch...you may hafta use some basic wiring skills to wire up your own stuff...its all fairly simple ,,,,,,

I added a pull style headlamp switch from Autozone , also I added a combo china gauge that has tach/oil press/temp/volts with sensors... like $75 on ebay from china... the hard poart is finding a TACH that will do 3 cyldinders! you really dont need a tach anyways....Oil and Water temp should be enough

use tinfoil to cover stuff you don't want to paint (shocks, wire looms etc) works great removes easy blocks paint...rattle can paint will chip on the sides once rocks hit it.... prob best thing for sides after you paint it is a big old sticker or car type wrap on the side panels...design your own graphic etc.... costs about $4 to $15 per sq ft depending where / who does your sticker wrap

this is who makes stickers for us.... he is VERY VERY reasonable! and he is quick!

send him 2 pictures of your kart (right side and left side) and he can design and send you a wrap that you can easy peasy install yourself

https://www.facebook.com/IgnitionMotorsportsDesigns

http://raceignitiondesigns.aptdemo.com/

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:07 am 
Probie

Hey Vegasphotoman, thanks for the quick reply. I ordered the seals today from roketa.com didn't want to wait for shipping but oh well. I'm gonna start sanding buggy down to paint it. I'll post pics soon. Thanks again for the help!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:21 pm 
Buggy Addict

Mr.133 wrote:
Hey Vegasphotoman, thanks for the quick reply. I ordered the seals today from roketa.com didn't want to wait for shipping but oh well. I'm gonna start sanding buggy down to paint it. I'll post pics soon. Thanks again for the help!

hey no prob! hope you dont have any issues and all goes smooth! yes post PICS make a new thread etc....fun stuff!

ps tinfoil work great for covering wires and shocks when painting...:-)

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next