It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:00 am

Post subject: bearing time
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:38 pm 
Buggy Addict

rear bearing are gone on passenger side.i always grease the bushing after a couple rides are in.yesterday before i went to grease them i was on the hill and heard a crack when dropped down into a small rut.when i jacked it up to pull wheel to grease it the wheel just fell in.
the bearing did not seem bad but when i put it back on to make sure i could see the bearings working up and down also could see where wheel movement was rubbing on axle.also i hear no growling or squealing.
the knuckle has two bearings 6206 bearings has divider molded in knuckle and a spacer that goes between bearings
without a puller i gave up you can't get to bearing to use a punch to drive them out i did move one a little just can't get enough punch on bearing to hit good
torch tanks here are empty and don't have a steady hand anymore.
went neighbors he tried finally used a torch on one bearing got spacer out then drove what was left out and then pressed other out
going to call a dealer tomorrow and see what they want for two bearings and two seals

the nut on axle is 32 mm no cotter pin notch in axle and then just peen nut didn't have a socket that size used a 1 1/4 '' socket a 6 point was a little loose but with air gun it came off ok.
i will take more pictures later these are yesterday pictures .
i want to on ride this weekend so i'm going to try to get it back together. after ride start replacing the rest with new bearings and seals

Attachments:
100_0695.JPG
100_0695.JPG [ 441.01 KiB | Viewed 3015 times ]
100_0696.JPG
100_0696.JPG [ 272.97 KiB | Viewed 3015 times ]

Post subject: Re: bearing time
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:57 pm 
Buggy Addict

called dealer this morning they are closed on mondays here after doing some pricing i just went ahead and got bearing kits for back and front and a new set of rear brake pads walked out the door with everything for 125 bucks bearings seals and pads
neighbor pressed my new bearings in didn't even stick them in freezer for a while.
i did pull the rubber seal off bearings after they were pressed in.i used my grease needle and pack them with more grease. parts guy at dealer and me discuss this it will help with the life of bearing
will put seals in in the morning a little more cleaning axle and hub and put back together
hopefully i'm good to go for weekend [-o< after ride and get caught up with other things replace other side and move to front

Attachments:
100_0697.JPG
100_0697.JPG [ 351.19 KiB | Viewed 2973 times ]
100_0700.JPG
100_0700.JPG [ 795.47 KiB | Viewed 2973 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:16 pm 
Buggy Addict

If those are still the original bearings i'd have to say they weren't made in China. And hope the new ones weren't made there.

Glad you got her fixed. :D

09' Joyner 250 SV
HID headlights - LED roof lights -LED tail lights - Endrigo head/cam - Lexx muffler - Robertson header - ITP rims - 25" Bighorns - Warn 3000 winch- camo wrap-Walker Evan shocks - Dr Pulley variator - 34mm KLX250SF carb

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:03 pm 
Buggy Addict

Panzer wrote:
If those are still the original bearings i'd have to say they weren't made in China. Ans hope the new ones weren't.

Glad you got her fixed. :D

:lol: yes they were original made in taiwan they did last a while and it been through water many times.the rhino don't have the best suspensions so i don't beat on it to hard.maybe keeping them rolling and not spit shining all the might have helped :lol: :lol: just messing with ya
the kits i got was told its all they had made by pivot works and after some looking i think they are made in china. they are a big dealer now of 3 or 4 brand name machines. i remember when they were in a small gas station and only sold suzuki
i will give them a try i may just have to cut back to hauling one fat chick.
that will leave plenty for ghosthunter also.
i wasn't going to run all over hades and back or try to internet shop on dialup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:46 pm 
Buggy Addict

pud wrote:
...maybe keeping them rolling and not spit shining all the might have helped :lol: :lol: just messing with ya
lol, they last even longer i you never drive em :oops:

09' Joyner 250 SV
HID headlights - LED roof lights -LED tail lights - Endrigo head/cam - Lexx muffler - Robertson header - ITP rims - 25" Bighorns - Warn 3000 winch- camo wrap-Walker Evan shocks - Dr Pulley variator - 34mm KLX250SF carb

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:06 pm 
Buggy Addict

Panzer wrote:
pud wrote:
...maybe keeping them rolling and not spit shining all the might have helped :lol: :lol: just messing with ya
lol, they last even longer i you never drive em :oops:

yep i agree :lol: i know a lot of guys just can't jump in a machine and take off.for the age of this machine it only has around 3000 miles i will have to look.i do use it around the house yesterday had to use vehicle to take garbage to bin.
i would just like to take off when ever i want but can't afford to do that
i do hope the bearings last

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:27 am 
Buggy Addict

Pud, glad you where able to get it back together for your weekend. Been in that place where I had to bite the bullet and buy from the dealer just because of the time factor.

I had a bearing failure while riding Ride Royal Blue. It did give me some warning so was able to make it back to camp ( barely) and I had two spares. So I ordered four more to have on hand. I ordered from Baileys just to keep on their mailing list and got EM grade bearings. EM meaning they are electric motor bearing which are a little higher. I am hoping that means they are better quality. They too ended up being Chinese bearings. These 250 Joyners do run small bearings in the rear hubs so suspect I will need to really keep an eye on them.

Polaris Dark side ride

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:23 pm 
Buggy Addict

well everything went back good the one seal on hub side gave me a little trouble getting started straight kept popping out :)
the seal do fit tight on hub and axle.
my torc wrench only goes to 150 ft lbs ,190 ft lbs what was said doing some searching on net i put nut to 150 ft lbs and went a little more with air gun nut almost peen in same place, nut went just a little more.
i'm surprized they lasted as long they did with the wheeler spacers on back help put more stress on bearings.when i was hauling the oak firewood i made several trips up a steep sidling hill with strain going on passenger bearings i just replaced.
checked driver side again they have a little movement not much.i have family member and friend of his coming so i will try to get by until after ride.
we will leave from my house no trailering mine will be hooked up though just in case i have to come back and get it.
now to just prop my leg up and see if the swelling will go down in my knee
i wanted to camp out but not now and glad they didn't want to either they have to go home after ride

Attachments:
100_0701.JPG
100_0701.JPG [ 364.26 KiB | Viewed 2880 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:42 pm 
Buggy Addict

Papa Rich wrote:
Pud, glad you where able to get it back together for your weekend. Been in that place where I had to bite the bullet and buy from the dealer just because of the time factor.

I had a bearing failure while riding Ride Royal Blue. It did give me some warning so was able to make it back to camp ( barely) and I had two spares. So I ordered four more to have on hand. I ordered from Baileys just to keep on their mailing list and got EM grade bearings. EM meaning they are electric motor bearing which are a little higher. I am hoping that means they are better quality. They too ended up being Chinese bearings. These 250 Joyners do run small bearings in the rear hubs so suspect I will need to really keep an eye on them.

i hear ya rich i'm beginning to wonder if anything is made here anymore.
i was going to go to auto parts store for bearings but have heard others say get seals at dealer
auto parts store say they can have it next day and finally gets parts a few days later that's been my luck.
i don't mind going to dealers if there not priced clean out of ball park.they had the kits so i just went that way

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:34 pm 
Buggy Addict

well while i was working on rhino replacing bearings should have just left it on jack and done the other side.
after all this rushing around for parts and getting it fixed the two 4 wheelers that were supposed to be here say no they can't make it. thanks i'm glad they waited until last minute :evil: cooler is full of water and a few beers,jerky, snacks for 4 people and extra gas
i haven't had a beer since april a ride every now and then is all i do anymore.i just walked back up to garage and got me a couple cold ones. i have some tomato juice going to make me a red eye
their are two ride going on tomorrow both close to each other the starting point. i'll go on which ever the one the mood strikes me when i get there.
might be rain tomorrow and i don't give a hoot i'm not putting top section of doors back on i have rain gear in cab :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:54 pm 
Buggy Addict

well after others canceled i said i would still go but decided not too
my mother was going to be my rider she hasn't been out in a long while now.but hot humid hard rains and thunderstorms this afternoon they say not going to take her out in that.
they are saying rain all next week so the other side may get tore down

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:30 pm 
Buggy Addict

yesterday tore the driver side down and replaced the bearings which wasn't as bad as passenger side.
this time i got out my dremel which i must say does a fine job. i have two different types of cut of wheels.i had to use the smaller type and had to cut inside at a angle.i cut it in two places all the way through and up and as far as i could go without hitting spacer.i just took my time and didn't crowd the dremel.then took hammer and punch broke it out pulled bearings out and that lets spacer come out.then cut a couple reliefs in outside race and it came out pretty easy with punch and hammer.
then inside bearing was no match for my big heavy brass drift and hammer.
neighbor pressed my new bearing in for me.i didn't work on it today put it back together tomorrow i'm sure it will be raining :)

Attachments:
100_0703.JPG
100_0703.JPG [ 351.28 KiB | Viewed 2738 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:13 pm 
Buggy Addict

Hi Pud,see that what happens when your hauling fat chicks around.Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 pm 
Admin

Sorry, it happens with skinny chicks too...

Attachments:
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG [ 1.99 MiB | Viewed 2700 times ]
IMG_1009.JPG
IMG_1009.JPG [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 2700 times ]

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:32 pm 
Buggy Addict

[quote="Ghosthunter"]Hi Pud,see that what happens when your hauling fat chicks around.Ghost[/quote

i'm telling ya ghost it caught up with me.i'm cutting back to just one :lol:
i'm going to another cook out up in the country it will be just me rhino sleeping bag and coolers.it might be interesting :lol:

glad to see you got your bearings pete.you made a good point your wife might go 100lbs soaking wet :) .so maybe its all the tools you haul with ya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:19 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

I replaced the bearings and seals in the 660 right after I got it going. One side was still as floppy as when I first checked. The other side really tightened up. It was a bear trying to get the outer race out of one side. I have been keeping check on the 700 so far so good.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:01 pm 
Buggy Addict

mikeparker wrote:
I replaced the bearings and seals in the 660 right after I got it going. One side was still as floppy as when I first checked. The other side really tightened up. It was a bear trying to get the outer race out of one side. I have been keeping check on the 700 so far so good.

glad to still see you around mike hadn't seen you in a while here.us rhino guys have to stick together we don't get the love like the polaris guy's do :lol: i haven't been here all too much myself.
if you don't have one a dremel does a good job a little slower then a torch but don't have the worries either.
if its a open winter where rhino is not needed a lot i'm going to tear front down and get it over with, also check ball joints and tie rod ends
i haven't really went riding any this year with all the rain went to a 4th cook out ended up coming home rain and rain.
i think my hands and feet are starting to get webs and i'm growing gill's :lol:
yesterday evening pick 4 bushel of apples today worked on getting culverts opened back up dang state don't pull ditch's anymore.this year i have seen more plugged up culverts then ever. when the ditch's don't get pulled leaves, sticks, garbage you name it get washed up at culvert and then gets plugged off.
i'm beat time for couch and off my legs tomorrow will mow but their calling for more rain
i would like to go riding hopefully be a dry fall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 pm 
Buggy Addict

this afternoon started tearing drivers front end down.the bearing were in bad shape. the axle nut was a bear to get off where it had been peen into notch in axle was hit pretty hard ended up ripping part of ring on nut.then went to take nut off my 1/2 air gun good for 360 lbs no go finally had to get out 3/4 stuff with cheater pipe used a 36'' pipe wrench to lock hub from turning.
the ball joints didn't knock loose that hard hit the side of a-arms with hammer a few times and they popped loose, tie rod came easy too
used my dremel to cut bearing then broke the rest out drove other bearing out.
a couple pictures i got to close on one showing how i cut bearing

Attachments:
100_0771.JPG
100_0771.JPG [ 565.89 KiB | Viewed 2413 times ]
100_0774.JPG
100_0774.JPG [ 295.13 KiB | Viewed 2413 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:50 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

Glad it was not too bad. Are you putting antiseize on before installing new bearings?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:32 pm 
Buggy Addict

i took the hub up to neighbors this afternoon and he press bearings in for me.
now something not to do tierod and both ball joints still seem good even have grease in them from looking up through boots on them.
i have heard other talk about putting grease fitting in them so i thought i would try that they must have not been stock ball joints.
i did the top in case something went wrong it wouldn't be in mud water as bad
i took a small punch to mark a place for bit to start i just tapped it easy and i thought man beer cans are tougher. use a dremel drill bit drilled real easy
i was just going to drill small hole use my grease needle and then put a small screw in hole
its just a cap and came out and won't go or stay back in place.i will put cap back on and put some sealant over it to hold it in place.you can see the little cap laying above joint in picture #-o
going to get a new nut for axle guy at dealer said the nut are just a one time thing he has been doing this for years.
they will come back off i used the back axle nuts but the ring didn't tear like this one. for a little over 8 bucks i will use a new nut cheaper then what can happen

Attachments:
100_0776.JPG
100_0776.JPG [ 518 KiB | Viewed 2378 times ]