It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:41 am

Post subject: Illinois ATV and Non Motorized Watercraft Fees and New Law
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:43 pm 
Buggy Addict

I received a letter from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources today.
"To all IDNR License vendors. As of July 1, 2013

"All" Off Highway Vehicles (OHV) must display an OHV usage stamp. This is for vehicles operated anywhere other than your private property. The usage stamp will be available July 1, 2013 and they expire March 31 the following year. The cost is $15.00 per OHV. You can purchase through your local IDNR license vendor, where you purchase your hunting and fishing licenses.

Water Usage Stamps..
All Non-Motorized watercraft canoes, kayaks, and paddle boats, sailboards, paddleboards and FLOAT TUBES must have a WUS cost is 6.00 for the first three and 3.00 for any additional as long as they are all purchased at the same time. These are valid for one year from date of purchase.

MEMBER TEAM FIB

Post subject: Re: Illinois ATV and Non Motorized Watercraft Fees and New L
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:10 pm 
Buggy Addict

Your state must really be broke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the heck are you going to mount numbers on an inner tube???????????? What a gang of thieves!
Hey, I have an idea!!!!!!!!!! Why doesn't your elected officials just pass the Conceal Carry Bill???????? They would have more money than God in about 2 hrs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [-o< #-o ! I am Sure enuff glad I don't live there.

"Engraver of really cool stuff"!
www.bigironengraving.com

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
Today is a Gift,That's why it is called The PRESENT!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:25 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Wow.... What a ripoff. Wonder where that extra revenue will go????? Looks like raise time for the politicians

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:16 pm 
Buggy Addict

Regarding the ATV's, it's not new. Just that the price has gone up from $12 to $15. When we go to the pay to ride place, you have to have the sticker, in addition to the fee.

It's a friggin joke in this state. I wouldn't mind paying the fee, or even registering and insuring my stuff if they had a place to ride them OR if they relaxed on where you could legally ride them (rural roads, ditches, etc). But they don't, and this state cannot manage money to save it's life. So, eff you Illinois. I won't register my quad, and luckily we have places to ride that are close, so I won't buy the sticker, either. (Although I did have to buy one for my buggy when we rode in Atkinson last month)

Joylaris 400 - under construction
Gone, but not forgotten: 2005 Carter Talon, 2007 Hammerhead 250SS
Proud member of Team FIB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:26 pm 
Buggy Addict

ain't that something,have to have a sticker on your inner tube :lol: what next a safety flag to :lol: .where will you get them walmart, dollar stores places like that that sell floats. :D

12 gram sliders,prodigy variator, red torque spring,39 tooth sprocket,2000lb winch, red neck uni filter with K&N precharger, 125 main jet at 1,634 elevation, drilled out exhaust,ngk iridium plug,performance intake,
ncy orange cdi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:21 am 
Buggified

Those of you unfamiliar with IL politics and taxes please refer to our current president while making jokes. Please remember said jokes at your next election. The state politician having you mark your innertube for money now could someday be banning your guns and imposing universal health care later...... Sorry you live in IL gndoc. Sucks that cook county runs the whole state.

2008 HH250SS
Uni filter, White main spring, 17g sliders, HH perf exhaust, Kenda bear claws.

1989 Eipper Quicksilver sr440

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 am 
Buggy Addict

yep i agree not laughing at the people who have to deal with this,things have gotten out of hand for sure.
also on the gun thing don't think anyone is joking on that.
lets just say a guy running for governor once may have set on my folks porch now up at big house,don't think he will set on the porch here anymore.don't know the whole intake of people but theres alot of not very happy people.
i don't think he will be forgotten next election but we'll have to see he may not be there long like others.

12 gram sliders,prodigy variator, red torque spring,39 tooth sprocket,2000lb winch, red neck uni filter with K&N precharger, 125 main jet at 1,634 elevation, drilled out exhaust,ngk iridium plug,performance intake,
ncy orange cdi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:05 am 
Buggy Addict

WETSU wrote:
Your state must really be broke :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How the heck are you going to mount numbers on an inner tube???????????? What a gang of thieves!
Hey, I have an idea!!!!!!!!!! Why doesn't your elected officials just pass the Conceal Carry Bill???????? They would have more money than God in about 2 hrs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [-o< #-o ! I am Sure enuff glad I don't live there.

You go to your local DNR license vendor (me) you pay your fee I give you a decal application kit. You attach the sticker to your Non-Motorized watercraft.

Illinois has a concealed carry bill approve by our elected officials. The Governor is afraid to sign it.

Sockman wrote:
Regarding the ATV's, it's not new. Just that the price has gone up from $12 to $15. When we go to the pay to ride place, you have to have the sticker, in addition to the fee.

It's a friggin joke in this state. I wouldn't mind paying the fee, or even registering and insuring my stuff if they had a place to ride them OR if they relaxed on where you could legally ride them (rural roads, ditches, etc). But they don't, and this state cannot manage money to save it's life. So, eff you Illinois. I won't register my quad, and luckily we have places to ride that are close, so I won't buy the sticker, either. (Although I did have to buy one for my buggy when we rode in Atkinson last month)

Did you see you can apply for grant money if you want to make OHV trails. The sticker is not new but now they (the DNR) are going to enforce it more.

Big sarge you hit the nail on the head.

MEMBER TEAM FIB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:11 am 
Buggy Addict

Quote:
Did you see you can apply for grant money if you want to make OHV trails. The sticker is not new but now they (the DNR) are going to enforce it more.

I did not see that. Where? On your own property? Hell, we do that all the time.

There is a nice little riding area along the Rock River up here, but it's illegal. Would love to open it up, make it legal, make some trails with a little funding, of course. 8)

Proud member of Team FIB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 pm 
Buggy Addict

Sockman wrote:
Quote:

There is a nice little riding area along the Rock River up here, but it's illegal. Would love to open it up, make it legal, make some trails with a little funding, of course. 8)

IDNR website click on OHV you will see haw and where to apply

MEMBER TEAM FIB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:28 pm 
Buggy Addict

Hi Just read where Ill. is proposing law if caught driving boat intoxicated,they are going to take your auto drivers liscn. away.Glad i left about 40 years ago.Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:43 pm 
Buggy Addict

gndoc wrote:
Sockman wrote:
Quote:

IDNR website click on OHV you will see haw and where to apply

I read it. Money towards the purchase or maintence of OHV riding areas made available to the public. Problem is, land up here is pricey. Farm ground can up to $9,000 an acre. Timber can get up to $6,000/acre.

Proud member of Team FIB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:49 pm 
Buggy Addict

That is about the cost in this part of the state. I would hate to see what restrictions would be in place to get the grant.

MEMBER TEAM FIB