It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 pm

Post subject: New Buggy - No idea what it is!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:34 am 
Probie

Good Morning!

I happened to stop at a yard sale this weekend and picked this buggy up.
After digging into it , i have no clue what size engine is on it and cannot seem to find any information! The body style seems to fit one of the many chinese clones.

Looking at the VIN it is either a 1986 or 2010 <doubt it is a 1980's model>

The only writing i can find on the entire thing says "Yonghe" but searching for that on google doesn't bring up much. I found one that was similar that was a 150cc engine, the guy that sold it to me and another guy that happened to stop by the sale said that it was a 200-250cc.

I figured i would post some pics here and see if i could get some help finding out what this is.

I cannot get it to start, I cleaned out the carb, it was full of gunk from sitting for the last few years, now it has no spark to the plug. The ignition switch looks rough so I tried the kill switch bypass from the CDI that i read bout here but there is still no spark. I have cleaned the coil pack, tested it with a multimeter and it seems good I replaced the plug and wires. still no spark.

I was going to buy one of those complete wiring harnesses for 60$ or so and replace everything, but i need to know what size engine this has on it before i can pick one up!

Maybe one of you can help!

I can take some more pictures tonight if needed, with the time change its dark before i get home!

I see no writing on the engine, but it does have a plastic cover over most of it.

Thanks for reading!

Post subject: Re: New Buggy - No idea what it is!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:26 am 
Admin

The Chinese sell many of the same products under different names. You basically have this model: http://roketa.com/product/product_detai ... roID=47642

Your buggy has a 150cc forced air cooled GY6 engine - The previous owner was wrong about displacement.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: New Buggy - No idea what it is!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:36 am 
Probie

Awesome! thanks for the link and confirming the engine. I picked up one of those complete kits from ebay that comes with the entire harness.

Hopefully with all new wiring i can get this thing up and running soon!