It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Post subject: New Spyder 250/GK-29
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:36 am 

Hello,

I am new to BuggyNews.com and a first time owner of a gokart/buggy. I purchased a Spyder 250 also known as a Roketa GK-29 from AwesomeBuggy.com.

I first started to order a buggy from bestpriceatv. I inquired as to in stock buggies. The salesman informed me the buggy I wanted (GK-19) was instock (85 units) and would ship in 24 hours. I placed an order. 3 days later my credit card was still not charged so I called bestpriceatv back and was informed the buggy was NOT in stock. After speaking with the salesman again he flat out lied to me stating I was informed the buggy was not in stock. When he first told me they had 85 of them in stock.

Order cancelled!!!!!

New order with awesomebuggy.com I inquired about the spyder250 and the hurricane 250(GK-06) and the female salesperson talked me into the spyder250 (GK-29). she even confirmed buggy was in stock and called me back. So I placed an order for a yellow buggy with second color black.

Awesomebuggy told me the buggy would ship in 2-3 days from California. 5 days later it shipped via UPS Freight. UPS promised delivery on one day then called and cancelled, but did make delivery the very next day. Total waiting time 14days.

Roketa buggy arrived in black. The only damage was a Roketa sticker on the passenger side was rubbed and damaged. No big deal. Missing ( most likely lost) one concaved brass washer.

Took about 2 hours for 3 adults to put together(including argument time). Started right up with no problems. The brakes worked perfectly. We have enjoyed about 6 hours on the buggy and the entire neighborhood has driven it.

First ride was with 2 adult males total weight close to 540lbs plus. I'm 6'3" and I have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals/steering wheel. The roll cage is in the middle of the buggy so it's extremely easy to enter and exit for tall people.

I have nothing to compare the buggy with but I was extremly impressed with the speed and smooth ride. Driven in alleyway.

So far no loose bolts and no trouble with the engine.

The only complaint would be the turning radius and the seats could be a little wider.

Over all a pleasant experience with awesomebuggy.com and we are making plans to order a second buggy from awesomebuggy.com

Just thought I would share first impressions.

aab

Attachments:
100_0614.JPG
100_0614.JPG [ 361.11 KiB | Viewed 5901 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:33 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

good looking buggy!

glad to welcome you here!

//addybrooke

Hopkinsville, KY

My ride:

Kinroad SRS 250cc

Purchased from Glade @ Edge Powersports

http://www.edgepwr.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:50 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

congrats on the new buggy. i have the same one (only 150cc) and yes thare is plenty of room. the turning raidus is a little big like you said but after that engine breaks in you should be able to "slide" it around.... good over all buggy, and it takes a good beating almost every weekend. does yours have the independent rear suspension...?

Attachments:
roketa3.jpg
roketa3.jpg [ 58.07 KiB | Viewed 5840 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:56 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

oops forgot to add my wife almost cought her leg on those sharp rear fenders so i took mine off, looks better anyway. i notice you didnt install the decorative hooters either. i left mine off too .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:28 pm 

big kid

Just back from a day in the New Mexico desert. The exhaust system broke loose due to a miss alined washer. 20 minutes later and a new bolt/washer/nut and back in business.

yes, it has the independant rear suspension. left the fake horns and cargo netting off no real reason to put them on. I believe the gk-28/gk-29 are the same body just diffrent size engine.

so far so good.

aab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:07 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

and yours has independent rear suspension....whats top speed with the 250cc engine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:56 pm 

big kid

just used my patrol car radar unit to clock myself weight 287lbs on pavement at 30mph from dead stop for a distance of 125 yards. stock engine.

aab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:14 pm 

Still loving my roketa GK-29/Spyder 250 from AwesomeBuggy. Now 25 days old and no problems. Changed fluids without any problem. Still, no additional loose bolts. We ride the buggy in the back yard (flat grassy desert area) and on caliche dirt road/trail with some small mounds for climbing. I will admit we do not abuse the buggy simple enjoying it. Unknown amount of hours, everyone in the neighborhood uses it.

Looking forward to buying a Titan II or GK-06 next.

aab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:43 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

i can relate to everyone using the buggy. i have 2 polaris 4 wheelers and now 2 buggys and the 4 wheelers sit in the garage. when people come over they are waiting in line to ride the karts.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:46 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

aab wrote:
Still loving my roketa GK-29/Spyder 250 from AwesomeBuggy. Now 25 days old and no problems. Changed fluids without any problem. Still, no additional loose bolts. We ride the buggy in the back yard (flat grassy desert area) and on caliche dirt road/trail with some small mounds for climbing. I will admit we do not abuse the buggy simple enjoying it. Unknown amount of hours, everyone in the neighborhood uses it.

Looking forward to buying a Titan II or GK-06 next.

aab

Looks like a good 250 option for some folks. If you can, take some pictures of the rear end showing the suspension and shaft setup. That would be great! We haven't had too many folks that have these on Buggynews yet so I know there will be some interest.

Have you weighed the buggy at all?

What as the total cost if you don't mind the question?

Take it easy...

-Steve

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:50 pm 
Initiated

nice looking buggy.

would be nice to see some video of this buggy in action :)

How is the buggy doing for you.

I did notice on awesomebuggies site that they stated a downside to this buggy, what have you noticied.

One downside to this model versus the Titan is the gearshift linkage. The Spyder 250 uses a cable linkage whereas the Titan uses one composed of solid actuator rods. The practical difference is that the Spyder does not immediately go into gear like the Titan--there is a distinct "clunk" after shifting from forward to reverse and vice-versa when you press the gas pedal as the gearbox actually goes into gear. This means that you will have to use a little more care with the Spyder, ensuring that the gearbox has engaged fully before hitting the throttle in earnest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:39 pm 
Buggified

I really like how they make the front suspension setup. Looks like it will receive bumps much better than a normal straight setup.

Carter GSX150R2-10 Gram Rollers, Stock Spring and Clutch, UNI Filter, Bike Speedometer, Hammerhead Performance Exhaust, Bando Coil, Arctic Cat Rear Shocks, Arvin Front Shocks, Larger Battery, Kenda Max Front Tires

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:55 pm 

WILD T/RCMASTER 1029

I have not had any trouble with shifting gears. When placing into gear I have to gas the engine then the gears will catch and the buggy will take off. I can place the gear between forward and reverse and the gears are in neutral and I can gas the engine with no problems.

Had a BBQ today and the exhaust sytem was lost after a hard day of riding. I believe one bolt holding the exhaust system to the frame worked loose and was lost. This caused the other mounting bracket on the other side to snap off the body of the muffler.

The muffler then fell off the buggy while moving. Once the exhaust system struck the gound the pipe broke off the muffler.

Upon close inspection I discovered duck tape inside the exhaust mounting flange. This I believe was added to tighten the flange to the exhaust manifold.

In the morning I will attempt to weld the pieces back together. If I am unsuccessful I will have to order a replacement exhaust system from awesomebuggy.com.

I have not had any other problems with this buggy.

I have added some photo's of the buggy's front/ rear and exhaust system.

aab

Attachments:
100_0620.JPG
100_0620.JPG [ 410.1 KiB | Viewed 5962 times ]
100_0615.JPG
100_0615.JPG [ 542.44 KiB | Viewed 5985 times ]
100_0621.JPG
100_0621.JPG [ 454.25 KiB | Viewed 5965 times ]
100_0618.JPG
100_0618.JPG [ 621.45 KiB | Viewed 5956 times ]
100_0617.JPG
100_0617.JPG [ 416.78 KiB | Viewed 5961 times ]

Post subject: Same problem with mine....
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

aab wrote:
WILD T/RCMASTER 1029

I have not had any trouble with shifting gears. When placing into gear I have to gas the engine then the gears will catch and the buggy will take off. I can place the gear between forward and reverse and the gears are in neutral and I can gas the engine with no problems.

Had a BBQ today and the exhaust sytem was lost after a hard day of riding. I believe one bolt holding the exhaust system to the frame worked loose and was lost. This caused the other mounting bracket on the other side to snap off the body of the muffler.

The muffler then fell off the buggy while moving. Once the exhaust system struck the gound the pipe broke off the muffler.

Upon close inspection I discovered duck tape inside the exhaust mounting flange. This I believe was added to tighten the flange to the exhaust manifold.

In the morning I will attempt to weld the pieces back together. If I am unsuccessful I will have to order a replacement exhaust system from awesomebuggy.com.

I have not had any other problems with this buggy.

I have added some photo's of the buggy's front/ rear and exhaust system.

aab

I had the same problem with mine. Once I welded it back together, I noticed a bind in the pipe, I heated the pipe and bent it to take some of the pressure off and put a better clamp where the muffler connects to the motor. The hardest part to get was the little gasket that goes there, didn't even know it was gone, until I tried to tighten the muffler back down. Since then no prolems. And I jump it all the time, it takes a beating. Here is a picture of it after yesterdays fun also.

Attachments:
gasket.jpg
gasket.jpg [ 90.01 KiB | Viewed 5955 times ]
File comment: I use to be red!!!!
Photo_090307_001.jpg
Photo_090307_001.jpg [ 89.96 KiB | Viewed 5969 times ]

Roketa GK-29 (250)
Dr Pulley Hit Clutch
I.T.P. Mud Lites 24X11X10
Maxxis Front-Pros 23X7X10

Roketa GK-?? (150)
no mods yet, it is for a 11 year old, don't want to get her killed, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:28 pm 

Padawar,

Thanks for the info, Took about 3 minutes with a wire welder this morning to put back together.

I think the (duck tape) is some kinda of asbestos high heat tape.

I did order a new muffler system from Rocketa.com
the entire muffler is listed as part
GK-29-250-03-24 Muffler cost was 45.00 plus 15.00 for DHL ground shipping.

The web site is great!!!! Just go to gocarts and click on your buggy then at the bottom of the page hit parts then select your buggy and it will list all the parts. When you place the mouse indicator on the part number an enlarged photo of the part will appear. I just hope the service is as good as the web site.

I will post my dealings with roketa.com as I proceed with my order.

aab

Attachments:
100_0623.JPG
100_0623.JPG [ 447.53 KiB | Viewed 5957 times ]
100_0624.JPG
100_0624.JPG [ 470.16 KiB | Viewed 5957 times ]

Post subject: Parts Order from Roketa.com
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:44 pm 

I ordered a muffler for my Roketa GK-29 /Spyder 250cc on 09/03/2007 Labor day via internet at Roketa.com listed price was $45.00 plus $15.00 shipping.

09/12/2007
Came home at 3:30pm and found a box on my front porch. inside a new muffler with all the small parts(thought I had to order them seperately) all parts for $60.00 total including shipping.

I never received an email confirming my order or the order was even shipped.

I know a lot of folks have had problems with Roketa but for me so far so good.

Kudo's to Roketa.com on this order/shipment.

aab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:47 pm 
Buggy Addict

congrats! I am glad you are getting decent support, and enjoying the buggy at the same time!! Have you noticed any other quirks or any peeves about the buggy other than the exhaust? How much did the buggy cost with shipping? I have the baja dune 150, and i absolutely love the long travel suspension on these buggies, as opposed to the otehrs like the Carter/Blade/Kinroad/SunL and so on. I really wish Blade would come out with a buggy with this type of suspension/motor package with teh IRS and maybe a performance pipe that doesnt fall off!!! lol, but I think the buggy really looks sharp, and I have been considering this one for a couple months now...savin the pennies!!! lol

Good luck!!

john :D

[color=#0000FF]http://www.northeastbuggy.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:11 pm 
Buggified

glad you got your parts,thats good to know since i have the gk-19
I love the looks of your buggy,the dealer I bought mine from had one but in the 150cc and it dwarfed my 250,I figured it had to weigh more and I was concerned how that would affect performance

roketa gk-19 250 cc,15 gram sliders and clutch spring from glade,36 tooth sprocket from tractor supply,unifilter with redneck intake,drpulley hit clutch from tnegg,50 watt amp and speakers from blade powersports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:24 pm 

Since the muffler was fixed I have noticed a squeak in the rear end. I used a grease gun with the fitting removed to grease the joints with grease fittings. No problem after.

Maybe I just had beginners luck with the parts order. Since everone on the net is bad mouthing Goldenvale Inc I honestly don't know. After placing the order I truely did not think I would receive any parts just an email saying parts on back order.

I never made contact with anyone, I simply placed an internet order and they came through for me. You can't bad mouth the company for getting me my parts in 8 days.

I'm thinking of placing another order with awsomebuggy.com for the GK-06 250cc when I have the bucks.

I ordered the GK29 also called a spyder250 from awesomebuggy.com the total cost to the house was $2799.00 I did not go with the 150cc spyder since it is air cooled and I wanted the large liquid cooled engine since I'm 6'3" 285lbs. Now the only thing I have to compare to the buggy is my craftsman 24hp riding lawn mower so I'm very happy with it.

aab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:12 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

Hey aab,

Are you in New Mexico, or just took the kart with you ?
I'm in Grants, haven't seen or heard of many out this way
with karts.

Chris