It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 am

Post subject: How to keep the SUNL 150 engine ON, it shuts off after 2 sec
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:49 pm 
Probie

Hi Guys,
I just bought this SUNL 150 go-kart for my son. It rode fine for about 15 hours or so. Then we didn't ride it for 3 weeks, after that it does not stay on once you start it. It stays on for 2 or 3 seconds. If you pour gas into the carb. it stays on as long as it has gas. I even bypassed the Vale fuel, it behaves the same!! I would appreciate any clues as what to do!! Is there any Service/repair manual for this SUNL 150 go-kart?

Signed,
Baffled!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:33 pm 
Buggy Crazed

Definitely sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Start by cleaning your carb thoroughly, changing the fuel filter if you have one, and makeing sure you petcock isn't clogged. Also check for any vacuum leeks as these buggies use a vacuum to open and close the petcock in most cases.

BTW welcome to Buggy News!

Jamie

9 gram rollers, 2004 gear reduction, Uni Filter w/Redneck intake, Gutted Exhaust, Bando HP Coil, Sandman/Blister reverse bracket

http://twitter.com/spool77

Post subject: How do you check to see if the petcock is working-150 sunL??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm 
Probie

You guys are GREAT! Thanks for the quick response Jamie! I Openned the carburator, it looked good! The fuel filter is attached to the top of the fuel valve(that's what the manual called it, i guess it's also called the vaccum fuel petcock) itis clean. here does not seem to be any leeks i checked with some soap water all around the hoses. which brings me to the petcock, I by passed it with a hose, the same behavior!! Iguess I need to order a petcock!! How do you check to see if the petcock is working, before I order it? Does anyone know of a quick way to order the vaccum fuel petcock for SUNL 150cc?

Thanks guys
KB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:23 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Highscores: 1
It may be the gas line. I have seen on another forum that a person detached the gas line from the carb and gas barely trickled out. If you get different line from any hardware store that may help with fuel delivery.

Welcome KB

1995 KDX200
FMF Silencer and Pipe, Bark Busters, 220cc Wiseco Piston, Skid Plate, Race Tech Fork Springs, FRP Chain Guide, Race Tech Shock, FRP Handlebar Clamp, Answer Alumilite Handlebars, Scott Grips, Uni, Fork Guards, Number Plate,

Post subject: Re: How do you check to see if the petcock is working-150 su
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:11 pm 
Buggy Dealer

KB wrote:
Iguess I need to order a petcock!! How do you check to see if the petcock is working, before I order it? Does anyone know of a quick way to order the vaccum fuel petcock for SUNL 150cc?

Easiest way to test the petcock, is to pull the TOP line off. Put a cup or can under the petcock to catch the gas. Now crank it a few seconds. Gas should squirt out. If not, either your petcock is bad, or you don't have any or enough vacuum.
Put the fuel line back on. Now pull the bottom vacuum line. If any gas is leaking, the petcock is bad.

Post subject: Continuing to trouble shoot fuel delivery prob on SUNL 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:02 pm 
Probie

WOW this site is outstanding!! Thanks for the advice Guys, I'll keep you all posted after testing the petcock and the fuel line.

Signed,
Grateful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:23 pm 

If you still have a problem check the floats in the carb the needle and seat maybe stuck shut i service most or those around here and have seen alot of them stuck or the choke stuck on i run a trick shop so i can also tell you that parts for a twister 150 are what you need to look for they are easier to find than sunl parts are thats what i use and havent found any parts that dont work yet if you have to much trouble i can get them and send them to you