It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:13 am

Post subject: Pepboys Baja Dune 250 is the same thing as bestpriceatvs rap
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:12 pm 
Buggified

Pepboys ad sunday had the baja dune 250 advertised for 2499.00,I checked Baja's website,they dont have it,hell,they dont even have the 150 cc reaction,their website sucks.
But anyway,I was near a pepboys this morning so I thought I'd go in and see if they had it,they did,took some pics with my cell phone and went to work.While at work I was surfing the net and happenned to have the bestpriceatvs website bookmarked from when I was looking for a 250,so I clicked on it and there is the baja dune 250 except they call it the Raptor and theyre selling it for 2169.00. I wouldnt buy from them though,heard bad things,does anybody know who makes that buggy?
http://www.bestpriceatvs.com/product.php?productid=16195&cat=251&page=1

roketa gk-19 250 cc,15 gram sliders and clutch spring from glade,36 tooth sprocket from tractor supply,unifilter with redneck intake,drpulley hit clutch from tnegg,50 watt amp and speakers from blade powersports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:13 pm 
Buggified

and mods,why the hell wont links work anymore when you paste them!!!!!???????

roketa gk-19 250 cc,15 gram sliders and clutch spring from glade,36 tooth sprocket from tractor supply,unifilter with redneck intake,drpulley hit clutch from tnegg,50 watt amp and speakers from blade powersports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:33 pm 
BuggyNews Dedicated

$2500 bucks and less for a 250? That sounds really cheap. Are those things any good or just junk? :?:

DAZON 150 double

UNI, 130jet, BIGE built intake tube, custom built exhaust, HO coil, adjustable CDI, iridium plug

Post subject: Re: Pepboys Baja Dune 250 is the same thing as bestpriceatvs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:50 pm 
Buggy Dealer

htownroketman wrote:
does anybody know who makes that buggy?
http://www.bestpriceatvs.com/product.ph ... 251&page=1

This is a KINROAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:46 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

That is a kinroad...

Some of the Baja's look like kinroads, but who knows. They could be getting the frames from a common supplier and building their own.

Links are not clickable at this time due to some bad links on the board. Bad links cause issues with the spiders (google, msn, yahoo, etc) At this point folks will have to paint text, cut and then past into a browser address bar.

-Steve

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:48 am 
Buggified

man,youve lost me,spiders? LOL
I dont know what your talkin about or how to do it,I'll just deal with the sitiation :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:51 am 
Buggified

Team913 wrote:
$2500 bucks and less for a 250? That sounds really cheap. Are those things any good or just junk? :?:

I dont know,RicDuncan would know,are they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:33 pm 
Buggy Dealer

When I said it was a Kinroad, I meant the kart pictured here

I don't know what 250 Pepboys is selling, haven't seen one.
I did find this picture and it does look similar.
http://www.shoplocal.com/lid-2092841167 ... aja-all.fp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:22 pm 
Buggified

ricduncan wrote:
When I said it was a Kinroad, I meant the kart pictured here

I don't know what 250 Pepboys is selling, haven't seen one.
I did find this picture and it does look similar.
http://www.shoplocal.com/lid-2092841167 ... aja-all.fp

its the same kart,I was talking about you would know the answer to this question{$2500 bucks and less for a 250? That sounds really cheap. Are those things any good or just junk? }

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 pm 
Initiated

I have to agree. How can a 250 be so cheap. My 150 carter cost more than that. Hopefully it isnt the "you get what you pay for" type buggy.

kosoclutch, 10 g rollers, 1500 spring carter upgraded exhaust

2006 baja reaction 150

2007 carter talon gsr150 r2 rear mount winch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:52 pm 
Buggy Addict

I spoke with a BMS rep a year or so ago, and he confirmed that they would be producing a 250 budge buggy, but he would not elaborate. I assume that thie kinroad version is what he was talking about. Originally, I was all about it!!! But I thought they were going to stick with the long travel suspension, like my dune 150. I guess they are jumping on the band wagon and sticking with that carter-ish/kinroad style buggy, which they switched to this year with the Reaction 150.

As far as Kinroad goes, depending on what upgrades/modifications they perform at the factory to make it unique so they can market it as their own, not too sure how well they are made. I do know the metal is really cheap, having watched first hand as my shock sheared completely off my buggy while doing a u-turn! lol... I think the SunL, Kinroad, Carter, and Blade are all very similar, but depending on who is recieving them and modifying them to make them unique to the company marketing them, that is a whole different story.

I'd like to see one in person, but to be completely honest, I am really in love with the long travel suspension buggies, and I just cant really get excited about another kinroad style buggy with a new name. I wish these manufactures would come out with something a bit more interesting, or at least a little more engineering! I love my Dune, wich all buggies looked like mine!!!

lol

John :D

[color=#0000FF]http://www.northeastbuggy.com

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:32 pm 
Admin

"Black Friday" special at Pep Boys...Baja 250 for $1999 from 5am to 11am only.

2 Polaris RZRs & a Dune 150. Ridge Runner--Gone. Yerfdog 3206--Gone (but you never forget your 1st!).
Buggy pictures, mods, ideas, how-to's:
http://tinyurl.com/8ltm8

Post subject: pep boys, kinroad clone
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:56 pm 
Initiated

I have the kinroad from bestpriceatvs and no problems except the emergency brake cable that I broke and they sent me a new one no charge. My neigbor bought the one from pep-girls and the only thing common is the frame design. He's had so much go wrong that he fought them and stopped payment on his american express. Then he returned it to the store for a full refund. Motor leaked antifreeze. ran like crap hard to start the steel was much thinner and the tires were very low end. I got it to run much better but then the leaks and a broken shock put him over the edge. long story short he got his son a used kawi quad.

Attachments:
family day 014.jpg
family day 014.jpg [ 290.75 KiB | Viewed 12656 times ]

upgraded tires

10gram sliders, 1500lb spring, redneck w/uni air filter, hipo exhaust ,auto chain lube, , drilled petcock, 55w headlamps,push primer,choke delete. 130 jet, shimmed needle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:10 pm 
BuggyNews Dedicated

Per Kc2epd, thats why I never buy the low end / cheap end anything. I'd rather have less stuff yet all good stuff than to try and low ball everything I own. I may not have one of everything (as in toys) but what I have is reliable, dosen't easily break, and this keeps my stress factor low. I recommend to anyone thinking seriously about buying one of the PepBoys buggies to do their homework and take someone to look at it who knows a heck of alot about them. This could save you alot of problems later down the road if the thing is a dog and truely not worth even half of what the sale price is.

DAZON 150 double

UNI, 130jet, BIGE built intake tube, custom built exhaust, HO coil, adjustable CDI, iridium plug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:46 pm 
Buggified

thats all well and good,but some of us cant afford it and or wife wont let us spend more on a toy,lol
I had a yerf 150 cc but wanted a 250,I cant spend 4000 bucks on a so called "good buggy"
I paid 1750 bucks locally for a roketa gk-19 250cc and have run the fecal matter out of it hard at 4 wheeler parks,only problems so far have been electrical,if something breaks thats what buggynews is for! I'm not against spending money for a socalled better qaulity buggy,but some of us just cant hang,plus even the more expensive buggys have problems,buggynews is littered with them,whatever you buy just be prepared to be able to work on it,because you will be working on it.
I didnt know crap about how to work on these buggys when I bought one,but thanks to yerfer.net and buggynews I've learned a few things
I dont think any member on here has been happy with the performance of their 150 or 250 on here,thats why every other thread is about performance upgrades,once you buy a 150 after a while you want a 250 and so on,more power!! I'd love a honda pilot but i cant hang with that price

Team913 wrote:
Per Kc2epd, thats why I never buy the low end / cheap end anything. I'd rather have less stuff yet all good stuff than to try and low ball everything I own. I may not have one of everything (as in toys) but what I have is reliable, dosen't easily break, and this keeps my stress factor low. I recommend to anyone thinking seriously about buying one of the PepBoys buggies to do their homework and take someone to look at it who knows a heck of alot about them. This could save you alot of problems later down the road if the thing is a dog and truely not worth even half of what the sale price is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:18 pm 
Buggy Addict

my store has the dune 150 for 1469.00 hows that

All rides with "La Familia" can be found at
http://www.utvunderground.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:00 pm 
Buggy Addict

ageekwithabuggy wrote:

1500 for a dune 150??? is it the newest baja out there? the one with the TJ motor, or is it one like in my pic? not abad price... I just got an email from a guy in west virginia... He has 10 Crossfire 150R's brand new... tomberlin unloaded all of their stock for newer models, and this guy is selling them at 1400 each, or 2200 for two!!!! lol... not bad pricing... he told me 800 for a used one, but he is in west virginia... cost of fuel back and forth, 200+, plus the 800 for the buggy, means for only 400 more, I could have a brand new one around here!!! lol... maybe he'll budge in a month or so, after the holidays... we'll see....

In the mean-time... I am waiting for that doner!!!

[color=#0000FF]http://www.northeastbuggy.com

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:06 pm 
BuggyNews Dedicated

racemybuick wrote:
ageekwithabuggy wrote:

In the mean-time... I am waiting for that doner!!!

Charlies Yerff would make a good doner now. Did you see the vid of his bent rear axle? And he didn't even mention the front end. I don't know what happened after he hit the axle bending jump. He went behind some trees. His front end now is trashed :twisted: It won't even turn to the right!

DAZON 150 double