It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 am

Post subject: Re: Bad news
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm 
Buggified

Very sorry to hear this Chuck, I have three myself and if I lost one it would be just as bad as loosing all three. They are always there for you when no one else is, and they don't ask for anything in return except to be their friend. My heart hurts for you my brother.

08 Joyner 250 Sand Viper, 2 stage UNI, 135 main jet, 17gm sliders, white main spring, Elka front shocks
ASW Carbide (my son's) lot's of mods

Team BillyGoat. See the world from a whole new level.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:06 pm 
BN Elite Member

Chuck...... We all know that you would do anything to have your friend healthy again. We have all been through it with pets at many times in our lives. It is not easy but there comes a time that all living creatures must pass on. Be assured that he loved every moment of his life here in your care. YOU are what meant the most to him.

Glade

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 pm 
Buggified

I dont even know what to type. Its easier fpr me to suppress feelings and just keep positive but to hear his pain has been heartbreaking. Buddha is his best friend, that unconditional love you have for your fur babies is a different bond. He was our first dog. When we bought our home, that was the first thing we thought about getting. We went to the animal shelter and they told us he was a german shepard puppy. He had a big ol Buddha belly and thats where he got his name from. Chuck would play with him for hours after work. As a puppy he ate the no chew spray bottle proving it was a waste of money. He loved canned dog food and peanut butter so much he learned how to open pop-top cans and get the lid off the jar. I found Ramen noodle spice packets all over the house and him laying on his back sound asleep, probably with a sore belly from eating all the noodles. He smiles (literally) when you come home. When Chuck and I worked different shifts, he would be in bed with each of us just because he didnt want to leave our side. Mason has taken to him as well. He will get something on his hands and let him lick it. He gives him his cookies and even drops this to him. Knowing that Mason wont get to know him like we have is painful.

Sharing your stories helps deal with the pain and I know it is comforting for Chuck. Its mean more than words could ever express. I am so grateful he has you all as friends. I'll be home tomorrow and just hope and pray I'll be there in time. I dont want him to suffer alone.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:02 am 
Buggy Addict

Were here for you too,Kristine!

Blade DX 150*
* on the juice for sale
HH 250ss
Quiksilver sr 440(went to a good home)
Joyner 650 SS (went to good home)
Red nytro powered and black Redline Riots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:09 am 
Buggified

Thanks Karl. If I could take their pain away I would.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

I cant say that I've been there before because I've never had the wonderful opportunity of growing up and getting attached to any pet. I have though for the last three years watch my son and his dog develop a bond that is very special. Ever since my son started crawling they've been best of friends and his dog has diplayed patience and gentleness that for me is unreal for a dog. I know it would break my son's heart if anything ever happens to his dog and it would break my heart to see my son deal with such a loss.

Similarly, I'm saddened that you and your family are going through some rough times. I've gotten quite attached to my new found friends here in BN and it does pull on my heart strings whenever I read that anyone here is going through unfortunate events.

Hang in there Chuck.

UNI Filter
145 Main Jet
45 Pilot Jet
Wife say's NO MORE MODS...MAKE IT WORK WITH WHAT YA GOT!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:45 am 
BN Elite Member

Reading this thread has me tearing up. I had to put one of my dogs down last year. That was a very hard decision, but it needed to be done for Chelsae's sake. I feel your pain man!

Blade 50cc
Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:10 am 
Buggy Dealer

Ain't no sissy about it Chuck, I know just how you feel. I had a lab who had bone cancer and everytime I went to put him down I couldn't cause he was still wagging his tail and licking my face. I spent as much time with him in his last days till he died a natural death. As the old saying goes lock your dog in the trunk of your car for several hours and when you open it he will be wagging his tail and trying to lick you, now do the same with the wife and when you open the trunk you have better start runnin LOL Really when the whole world is sh#tting on you your dog will never leave your side. Mans Best Friend. TOM