It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:10 am

Post subject: Avoid the Hammerhead Mini Shark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:54 pm 
Probie

Just wanted to write and advise parents to avoid the Hammerhead Mini Shark. This is a nice little offroad go kart, but beware. They are not very tough and parts are a pain to get!

First, we bought for our kids at Christmas. After 6 hours of use, main drive chain breaks. That shouldn't happen.

Second, it has been over a month and we STILL do not have a replacement drive chain. Drive chain is on backorder...and to make it worst, it appears that the part number in the go-kart manual is INCORRECT for both the main drive chain as well as the final drive chain.

Thank God for "Reliable Go-Karts" in Texas. They have bent over backwards to try to get us up and running again. Unfortunately, when the manual has incorrect part numbers and you can't get stuff from China, it make things a definate challenge.

At this point, I don't trust the manual for much of anything.

Post subject: Re: Avoid the Hammerhead Mini Shark
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 pm 
Buggified

man i hate that your havung a bad erperience but i have one for my son and we have had it over a year and ride it everyday that it aint freezing out and have ran atleast 10 tanks of gas through it since we got it and have never had one thing go wrong on it other than changing the oil i have never even turned a wrench on the thing. maby u just got one of the few bad ones. why couldn't u just buy a master link and fix the chain that broke?

08 roketa gk06.... BBK, head,cam,jetted carb, uni filter,white main spring ,15grm sliders,performance coil, cdi and spark plug

2010 hammer head shark 50cc for mini me!!!

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:24 am 
Buggy Crazed

sorry to hear you having problems with yours. I've had three that my boys have used and have had little to no problems.... I've owned the silver one and kept it stock for three seasons now and both my boys have put it through some descent abuse... I just had to be sure all bolts were tight because the engine mount bolts seem to loosen after every 5 hrs or so of use.... other than that.. zero problems.... like all other offroad toys, they are not indestructible and tend to break and need fixing... hope things get better for ya....

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 am 
Buggy Addict

don't know any thing about those little buggys
but ray at reliable is a stand up guy.he sort of put faith back in me after i mess with wrong people when i got a buggy.
i email him ask him about some parts,he was straight up with me said he wasn't sure if they would work for me.
found a diagram and had one for my buggy cross stuff over and ordered,
dust boots, grease seals and a sprocket
got every thing but sprocket emailed him and he was wright back with me told me what was going on and send it out just as soon as it cleared customs
sure enough had it a few days later

all the dealers here are good about these things

12 gram sliders,prodigy variator, red torque spring,39 tooth sprocket,2000lb winch, red neck uni filter with K&N precharger, 125 main jet at 1,634 elevation, drilled out exhaust,ngk iridium plug,performance intake,
ncy orange cdi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:38 pm 
Probie

YELLA BUGGY wrote:
man i hate that your havung a bad erperience but i have one for my son and we have had it over a year and ride it everyday that it aint freezing out and have ran atleast 10 tanks of gas through it since we got it and have never had one thing go wrong on it other than changing the oil i have never even turned a wrench on the thing. maby u just got one of the few bad ones. why couldn't u just buy a master link and fix the chain that broke?

I WISH it were that simple Yella. That is a NON-STANDARD chain. Parts, including the master link are on backorder from China until who knows when. I've been everywhere trying to find one that would work. No luck. I & Ray at Reliable Go Karts, have tried standard #35 chain...won't fit either. I guess that is why I'm so irritated. What should be the easiest thing to fix is next to impossible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:26 pm 
Buggy Addict

Is the chain smaller than #35? Measure the distance between two pins center to center or between two teeth on the sprocket. If the distance is 5/16 (8mm) it is 05B chain. If that's what it is you can get it from Motion Industries. $13.04 for a 10' roll.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 pm 
Buggy Addict

Easy way to measure it is an open end wrench.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 pm 
Buggy Addict

G-ray wrote:
Is the chain smaller than #35? Measure the distance between two pins center to center or between two teeth on the sprocket. If the distance is 5/16 (8mm) it is 05B chain. If that's what it is you can get it from Motion Industries. $13.04 for a 10' roll.

g-ray is right you can find that chain you just have to look . tractor supply stores carry a wide verity of chains also so check with one of those.

AKA-Riverside Ridge Runner

AKA-The Silver Fox

AKA Snow White

AKA-Burnin Cold

Pair of Roketa RTX 260'S
aka ROKETA GK-13B

TEAM POLARIS

2012 Polaris Ranger 400HO

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:05 am 
Probie