It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:00 am

Post subject: Need a JOYNER 07' SS alternator belt .......
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:48 pm 
Buggified

Any fast places to buy one ?
Advance Auto , etc ?

Or , do I have to do JOYNER , BIGE , etc. ?
:)

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Need a JOYNER 07' SS alternator belt .......
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:50 am 
Buggy Addict

CTE, sorry so long to get back to you...
Quote:
Advance Auto , etc ?

No the SS650's alternator belts (I assume this is what your asking) can easily be sourced thru your local parts supply house, if you do not have an old belt to have them match one for you, I will get a brand & part no. for you and ask Jb to list this on his thread...

Here is a link to Jb's "Alternative Parts for Joyner Sand Spider" thread that may help you in the future with lots of valuable info...
https://buggynews.com/alternative-parts-for-joyner-sand-spider-t24463.html

Tj's o7JoynerSand Viper65o (Cheri 8ooEFI swap-soon)
G-mans o8 HH15o
06Talon GSR15o
GTR250s-sold

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:56 am 
Buggy Addict

Gates XL 7330 (11A0840) 3/8" x 33 5/8"

G-mans o8 HH15o
06Talon GSR15o
GTR250s-sold

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:31 am 
Buggified

Team Farm wrote:
CTE, sorry so long to get back to you...
Quote:
Advance Auto , etc ?

No the SS650's alternator belts (I assume this is what your asking) can easily be sourced thru your local parts supply house, if you do not have an old belt to have them match one for you, I will get a brand & part no. for you and ask Jb to list this on his thread...

Here is a link to Jb's "Alternative Parts for Joyner Sand Spider" thread that may help you in the future with lots of valuable info...
https://buggynews.com/alternative-parts-for-joyner-sand-spider-t24463.html

Yeah man , lol , the 650 ... sorry.
I came in from the river beered up & irritated. First ride out on the Joyner I bought & the alt belt was missing when I came home.

I did do the search & saw Autozone part #... those are now in crumby parts of town here , lol.
Thanks for the link.

I thought I saw a JOYNER section a few days ago.
Don't know where it is tho.
I wonder if a few of these important things could be placed there ?

The belt you typed in the third post I'm going to see who make it ... or the store ... thanks again.

I have another buggy to learn ... haha , :shock: :lol:

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 am 
Buggified

I'll cruise to Autozone
Duralast # 15345

The Gates XL 7330 (11A0840) 3/8" x 33 5/8" came up @ Rock auto as
7330 High Capacity V-Belt (Standard); HC41 13/32" x 33 5/8"

If that's it Jeff , they confuse me & make me wonder if that's it , lol , ya know looking up parts online can be insane & frustrating.

Thanks again ..... I'll be searching & bugging you guys now that I snagged a Joyner.
* These things are a mule man .. faaarrrrrrr from my 250cc single .... they are huge !!!
:)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 am 
Buggy Addict

any good parts house (Autozone, Oriellys, Napa, etc) can cross reference the Gates parts no. to another brand they would have in stock !!
(I also have a Napa XL 25-734 [its an old belt and I think thats thecomplete parts no. Im seeing on it] as a spare that is a lit'l lomger than tha Gates, but worked for our application)

FYI, if you go with a wider 13/32" belt (which would probably work -- theres afair amount of adjustment on the alternator) will probably need to be slightly longer than 33 5/8"...

G-mans o8 HH15o
06Talon GSR15o
GTR250s-sold

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:30 am 
Buggified

Team Farm wrote:
any good parts house (Autozone, Oriellys, Napa, etc) can cross reference the Gates parts no. to another brand they would have in stock !!
(I also have a Napa XL 25-734 [its an old belt and I think thats thecomplete parts no. Im seeing on it] as a spare that is a lit'l lomger than tha Gates, but worked for our application)

FYI, if you go with a wider 13/32" belt (which would probably work -- theres afair amount of adjustment on the alternator) will probably need to be slightly longer than 33 5/8"...

Cool , good stuff.

Thanks for the help !!! 8)

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:15 am 
Buggy Addict

Your welcome.
Glad to be able to help...

Quote:
* These things are a mule man .. faaarrrrrrr from my 250cc single .... they are huge !!!

:lol: :lol:
yes the 650's like Open Spaces,
your o7 probably has a locked rear, unless its been swapped for an open diff (and a wider stance) making turning more space consuming, so setting up a corner & power slides are key. One thing that helps make these turn better is adding 2" wheel spacers up front...

Is your SS still stock ? What mods have been done ? The OEM carb really restricts what the eng is capable of, the weber (or other hi flow dualled up carbs, etc) is the single best power mod you can do if motor is stock...

G-mans o8 HH15o
06Talon GSR15o
GTR250s-sold

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 pm 
Buggified

Team Farm wrote:
Your welcome.
Glad to be able to help...

Quote:

:lol: :lol:
yes the 650's like Open Spaces,
your o7 probably has a locked rear, unless its been swapped for an open diff (and a wider stance) making turning more space consuming, so setting up a corner & power slides are key. One thing that helps make these turn better is adding 2" wheel spacers up front...

Is your SS still stock ? What mods have been done ? The OEM carb really restricts what the eng is capable of, the weber (or other hi flow dualled up carbs, etc) is the single best power mod you can do if motor is stock...

First things first.
The Duralast # 15345 belt was too long. I could not use it. It would not tension up near enough. Moved alt to full extension on bracket.

I went to Advance Auto & got one too short. Eyeballing a few. (forgot the #)

Went back to AAuto & got a Drive Rite #33013 (10A0840) split the difference so to speak.
It went on with a bit of prying & a starter bump ... which I know we shouldn't do ... but went on & is all good.
Had room to tension it up after it popped on.

THEN ... I went out & found my old one , unbroken next to a marked up stick/branch , lololol.
So , I have 2 now. =D>

Jeff , this ride is damn near too big for what I do yet it's nice.
Gotta really work to maneuver in my trails & it bogs in a bit of water to go up some hills ... that's a bummer. BUT , I used to have a roketa 800cc that was like this too.
I usually stayed in 1st gear ... or a bit of second , haha.

Gearing or carb mods may help , but I'm not fooling with that yet , just gonna ride for awhile & enjoy a cushy ride.

I got a great deal on this.
If I decide to get something smaller I'll mention the sell here.
I got it with 2033 miles on it looks good ... just a bit of scraped paint ya know ?

It is stock & it seems to have lock diff..... K&N type air filter & fan switch mod.

I may start my own Joyner thread , add good links like some have done & ask you Joyner cats a few odds & ends.

Thanx !!!

Profile Personal album