It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:08 pm

Post subject: Renli Motors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:44 pm 

I'm in the middle of a debate with my wife regarding the vehicle we are going to buy and I've convinced her that shipping a Renli buggy from China is our best option. I've been in touch with the administration at the factory and they've assured me that they can deliver within a month.

The problem I'm having is convincing my wife that we're better off with the 1100cc buggy. On the other hand, she wants the 800cc buggy with the Jeep-style body.

She points out that the Jeep Renli comes stock with a windshield and wipers, accessories that must be purchased aftermarket for the 1100. In addition, she thinks the Jeep Renli looks cooler than the 1100 while I'm partial to the additional 1100cc.

I'm wondering if anyone has been in either or both of these vehicles and can give me some leverage to argue with or convince me that she's right.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Renli Motors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:36 pm 
Admin

Do you know that JMC Motors, RenliAZ and McDonough Powersports sell the Renli in the US and do not have to go through the overseas customs hassles?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:54 pm 

No, I didn't know that, but I live in Costa Rica. A Renli down here costs about twice as much as it will cost me to buy it from the factory and import it.

Customs are probably a hassle in the US, but down here importing is relatively straight forward: pay money, get your product.

I've never been a buggy owner. However, I know that I can't justify the cost of a big name manufacturer -- Polaris and Artic Cat, for example -- considering the fact that they seem to be selling machines that don't perform well when against the Renli.

If what I've read is wrong, I would appreciate someone explaining to me why, but considering what the 1100 is doing in virtually every European race, I'm not sure what's to debate.

But like I said, I don't know anything about buggies. I got started looking into buggies because I thought a RZR would make my life easier, but then I began to hear that big name manufacturers are not only expensive -- especially to repair -- but that they machines under perform.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:35 pm 
Sponsoring Dealer
Sponsoring Dealer

whats your address with postal code, I will see what it would cost to get one to you

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:39 pm 

It would be coming into the Puerta Limon, Costa Rica 70101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:20 pm 
Buggy Addict

well is this a daily driver or just off road...

the 800 body will do a better job of keeping the water and mud off you

Many people have fabricated stuff out of low cost materials to seal out the mud and debris...

I cant imagine a windshield or wiper system costing that much

So if the wife wants to keep the daily driver stuff off of her then find out how much to cover the gaps would cost you...

Joyner 650
Purple
Looking at dust in the rear view mirror

Baja 150 in the grave..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:49 pm 

That's a very good idea, but she got my Mom involved and since the 800cc Oreion Reeper (I think that's what they're called in the U.S. It's called the EFK Motor's LZG800 here in C.R.) has the same body style and dimensions as an old Willy's Jeep and since a Willy's was the vehicle my Mom learned to drive with, I'm out voted (though I'm still not sure why my wife or my Mom have votes, but I'm certainly not stupid enough to suggest they shouldn't).

I really do like the look of the Reeper, I just wish it came with a 1100cc engine. However, I've read that you can double the hp output -- from 57 to 110 -- by modifying the engine with a turbo.

Unfortunately, I won't have $2,500 to spend on a turbo kit for the Chery Motor after all is said and done. I'm hoping that I can find a chip that can add some extra hp, but I haven't come across anything on the internet regarding a high performance chip for a 800cc EFI Chery Motor.

Then again, I'm pretty much talking out of my I can't spell at this point because I've never swapped out a chip in a vehicle either.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:19 pm 
Buggy Addict

ah well mom and wife you are completely outvoted....

Joyner 650
Purple

Baja 150 in the grave..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:20 pm 
Buggy Addict

tomatolord wrote:
ah well mom and wife you are completely outvoted....

Im with TL on this one (unless; of course, mom and wifey will be doing all the maintainance and wrenching) :wink:

RyanJon
Quote:
I'm hoping that I can find a chip that can add some extra hp, but I haven't come across anything on the internet regarding a high performance chip for a 800cc EFI Chery Motor.

I saved this link from a while back; of the MAGNUM Dyno-Boost Performance Chip-Adjustable Fuel Controller
http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/dyno-boost-atv-performance-chip/joyner
(cant remember if id seen this here on BN or where I got this link)
ad states its compatible with the Joyner 8oo and 11oo EFI's (Im assuming the Cheri engines)...
I do have to say; I know nothing of this, and I recall lit'l to no imput on its actual performance value other than statements of the ad itself...

Tj's o7JoynerSand Viper65o (Cheri 8ooEFI swap-soon)
G-mans o8 HH15o
06Talon GSR15o
GTR250s-sold

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 am 

I really appreciate the link. Thanks for taking the time. Turns out I might end up with a Renli after all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:17 pm 

I test drove a Renli 1100cc the other day. It's a beautiful machine and my wife and I have decided to get a buggy with an 1100cc Chery engine.

Now that I'm finished patting myself on the back and bragging, was hoping someone might know how many km/l or mpg a vehicle the same size as the Renli -- with the same engine -- gets.

There are so many cars with 1100cc Cherys of different weights and there seem to be a large number of 1100cc Chery Models, that I can't find anything concrete.

I've read from 27 mpg to 65 mpg. Any of you Renli owners ever take the time to do the math while you were out motoring around?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:34 am 
Buggy Addict

congratulations on the decision....

I cant imagine 65 that seems really high and 27 seems low considering the machine has no power accessories hanging on it...

does CR require a catalytic converter?

Joyner 650
Purple

Baja 150 in the grave..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm 

That's a good question, but I don't know. The guys down here that own Renlis have told me that it was no problem passing emissions. Still, that's not an answer to your question.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm 
Admin

With tall low pressure off-road tires, you may be hard pressed to break 40 mpg. I suspect 65 mpg would be with a much more aerodynamic car body running high pressure street tires.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:57 pm 
Probie

I recently traded my 2007 Sand Viper 1100 for a 2012 Renli RL1100 and have had it for about 10 days now. I can tell you that they will do 65 mph with the "tall" tires on them. I really like the RL1100 and am getting stopped every time I am out by people asking where they can get one.

2012 Renli RL1100 4x4 - Orange

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:09 am 
Buggy Addict

65mpg not 65mph :-)

post some pics of the 1100 renli!

how does it compare to the joyner? or post a separate post...

Joyner 650
Purple

Baja 150 in the grave..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 am 
Buggy Dealer

you can test drive a Renli @ renliaz in peoria. www.renliaz.com