It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:17 pm

Post subject: i had to stop and bs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 pm 
Buggy Addict

well my son got to make it in for the 4th,so this afternoon we decided to cruise some camping spots and places to see what was going on, was pretty calm not a whole a lot of people out.the rain may have been some of it rivers looked good though,he got to see a bear but no pictures went in the brush before he could get a picture.he was born here but spent most of his life up north of me.i think he had a good time we did get into some rough riding but I turned around at one super bad place.there was tree down at two bad brother bad holes that you had to go around and could get over the hill. I wasn't dressed for this either, neither was he.
wasn't anyone around no cell phone reception and miles of walking if problems happened so I just used my better judgement but I will go back :)
but before the rough riding I saw this I had to stop and talk to them at there camp site.i about fell over when I saw this carter buggy. :D
so heres one for you carter guys

Attachments:
DSCF7106.JPG
DSCF7106.JPG [ 1007.79 KiB | Viewed 2455 times ]

Post subject: Re: i had to stop and bs
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:26 am 
Buggy Addict

I was going through some of the pictures thought he had gotten some at the bad place but he didn't. I think he was watching me back out of it.we already had one close call tree limbs hanging down one came through passenger side of windshield almost got him and took out jack that holds the windshield up.
heres one at the river of him I think he was squinting or saying something to me :lol: ,don't think he would like this one but it was the only one I got :)
and I will put up a couple to try to show the area we was riding through
I was suprized we didn't see any people.
but we had fun and rode alittle over a 50 mile round trip
that's what we did for the 4th :)

Attachments:
DSCF7104.JPG
DSCF7104.JPG [ 980.26 KiB | Viewed 2416 times ]
DSCF7108.JPG
DSCF7108.JPG [ 957.4 KiB | Viewed 2416 times ]
DSCF7112.JPG
DSCF7112.JPG [ 969.79 KiB | Viewed 2416 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:29 am 
Buggy Addict

Glad to see you got to hang out with your son on the 4th. And must be nice to be able to drive out your back door and ride all day. 8)

Think you're taking a shining to that rhino too. can't say as i blame you and i'm sure you need 4wd with all that mud. :)

09' Joyner 250 SV
HID headlights - LED roof lights -LED tail lights - Endrigo head/cam - Lexx muffler - Robertson header - ITP rims - 25" Bighorns - Warn 3000 winch- camo wrap-Walker Evan shocks - Dr Pulley variator - 34mm KLX250SF carb

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 am 
Buggy Addict

Think I would pass on that mud hole too...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:34 am 
Buggy Addict

Papa Rich wrote:
Think I would pass on that mud hole too...

i was thinking the same thing...lol
it looks like one of those "aw, go ahead dave. it's not that deep" holes...been there , done that. :shock:

2009 Carbide - 39T sprocket, CDI, intake & larger tires
1994 Jeep YJ- SOLD

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:28 am 
Buggy Addict

nice drive pud....we went down to a friend place to go riding and it was mud city....an occaisonal hole is ok but trail after mud trail is not really my cup of tea...

Joyner 650
Purple
Looking at dust in the rear view mirror

Baja 150 in the grave..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 am 
Buggy Crazed

That's an awesome way to spend the day. Looks like you guys had a great time. Yea, that mud hole looks a little deep for my liking but the rest of the trip looks great.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:09 pm 
Buggified

You know what they say. Judgement is the better part af valor. Being in the desert we don't see much mud and water. I hate cleaning my buggy anyway so it's better I dont have much mud. Nice ride and it was great you spent it with your son.

Cheers Bo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 pm 
Buggy Addict

thanks everyone believe it or not we went through that big hole. I was locking it in 4wd when he took that it was deep but not that bad inched and felt my way a cross it. about a 1/2 mile farther after it is where I had to turn around went through the first bad hole but decide not to try to go around the other big hole with fallen tree,the mud was slick and was affraid I would get over the hill.the storms last year must have done this trees laying down and tree tops hanging down.i think it would be best to be riding with someone when going through that area.
many years ago there used to be a post office, railroad depot and hotel back in there.trains used to bring the miners and loggers in.
that's what my dad was telling us.the trail did follow and stay close to the river and railroad tracks.

I enjoy driving the rhino my folks told me to run it no use leaving it set in the garage all the time. when it drys up some going to try to take my dad through there,also throw a little chainsaw in tool box, quads don't have troubles the cab on this rhino, not so easy.