It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 am

Post subject: reminder
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:08 pm 
Buggy Addict

wasn't sure where to put this but in the Polaris section.
got word today pass down from family member in area I will be heading Saturday. day before yesterday a guy flat out flying in a rzr hit a car on a country rock base road.driver of car with young kid did his best to avoid it but the rzr still hit them.was told they estimated rzr was running 60 to 70 mph.this wasn't a young guy like 50 I was told
rzr driver not looking good for him 2 broken arms, 2 broken legs,broken neck and some ribs run through a lung.
driver of car guy and kid in hospital really don't know anything about them.
this kind of thing is killing us here remember you not bullet proof in them and others that get hit either.just because they will run fast doesn't mean you can keep the gas peddle to the floor.
i'm sure I will here more Saturday

Post subject: Re: reminder
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:56 pm 
Buggy Crazed

That's very sad.

06 HH 250
Fully stock ... but hoping to change that

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 am 
Buggy Addict

Vagen wrote:
That's very sad.

yes it is. from what I was told guy in car whip wheel to avoid head on fell over top of his little girl and took impact in drivers door,thats the way I understood.
it wasn't a pretty sight I guess either.

i'm not a lecture guy just saying what can happen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:55 am 
Buggy Addict

Speed and loud noise is the reason why most people call cops. That's why atv riding in florida is getting limited and hated. Hopfully it doesn't start happening with rzr and fast buggys. People need to be more responsible and slow down. These buggys the 150 and 250 are loved. Hell nobody calls the cops on me and my son we ride it in the neighborhood with no problem. Its not so loud and top speed is 32 to 35. Even old people like our buggy. :) .... nothing like when we had our banshees nobody liked us especially cops they couldn't catch us. Sorry for the long speech. People need to slow down or they will start closing down riding areas. No doubt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:40 am 
Buggy Addict

it's a dam shame that these things happen but IMO there is one thing lacking these days, simple common sense. he had no business going that fast on a back road to begin with.

2009 Carbide - 39T sprocket, CDI, intake & larger tires
1994 Jeep YJ- SOLD

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:12 am 
Buggy Addict

kid4life wrote:
it's a dam shame that these things happen but IMO there is one thing lacking these days, simple common sense. he had no business going that fast on a back road to begin with.

X2

ECU programmer,Custom paint, PRP seats ,Aluminum roof, full doors, 27" dirt commander tires, military edition front bumper, aluminum rear bumper, winch, LED lights,quick release steering wheel.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:36 am 
Buggy Addict

head on is the safest bet not in the door

I tell people all the time these machines are not made to be in even a 35 mph crash...when they ask what the top speed is.

Drive safe out there!

Joyner 650
Purple
Looking at dust in the rear view mirror

Baja 150 in the grave..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:35 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

I read this post. Coming home from getting the mail last night I was in it a little heavy then backed off thinking about recent threads with safety. Deer ran out and luckily jumped over the nose of the buggy. Made me think.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:15 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Very sad to hear! And I only hit top speed in my buggy(40ish) when on straight trails wayy out in the desert where I can see far ahead and the sides of the road....hope everyone pulls through quickly...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:58 pm 
Buggy Addict

I agree with you guys a 100% the guy lives there wasn't a new machine to him and sure that wasn't the first time he opened it up like that.just this time it caught up with him,big time.
the guy in car it was probably just a reaction to swerve, just like falling and trying to catch yourself when you shouldn't have.
my folks was raised in the area i only do this ride a couple times a year so i look forward to it .i don't hunt or fish anymore so this is my way to get away for a day i don't ride hard i'm just there :)
this didn't happen on a ride he was just riding but these things are making it rougher on us. so far on our rides its just been a guy got the wind knocked out of him wasn't high speed and a guy that got stung with a bee that turned bad.
other people have rides that there has been a few accidents all by speed.
but these things are making people think about doing any

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:42 am 
Buggy Crazed

It's all about common sense. At Moses Lake over Memorial weekend a motorcycle collided with a jeep. Seems like it happens all the time there. If your gonna jump and you cant see the landing (No matter what your riding or driving) you put a spotter at the top of the hill to warn you in case of danger. Other people just drive to fast or alcohol is involved. As my granddaughter got in my buggy today she doesn't even question buckling up, she just does it. It doesn't matter if were just strolling around. Helmets and neck braces have their place too. A lot of us want more speed (me included) and that's not a bad thing so long as you have a safe place to do it. Again, its all about common sense, more people should use it.

Pud, Sorry for venting on your thread. I really hope everyone involved is ok.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:19 pm 
Buggy Addict

no problem here shebug say what ya want only reason I put this here was it was a utv and the brand that's all.
it rain cats and dogs here yesterday only a few of us did the ride.there was nothing more that I know no one was talking or wanted to talk about it, I got the feeling.
I hit a top speed yesterday of 34 mp once where I could see a long ways on a good rock base road. went back to check on a rider in our little group.
honestly don't even like doing that you can feel the gravel rolling under ya