It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm

Post subject: talon dlx 150 engine problem
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:31 am 
Probie

ok so i just go a dlx 150 and have been riding it around and it has been going good. i was rideing up the trails and it start to slow down and would not go back up. Now i cant get the thing to start back up i put a different fuel fillter on after the would not start but still nothing

Post subject: Re: talon dlx 150 engine problem
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 pm 
Buggy Addict

jdorfner wrote:
ok so i just go a dlx 150 and have been riding it around and it has been going good. i was rideing up the trails and it start to slow down and would not go back up. Now i cant get the thing to start back up i put a different fuel fillter on after the would not start but still nothing

can you explain your problem a little more.
did it just quit pulling going up hill?
or did the engine quit running?
why did you think it was the fuel filter, act like your not getting gas

12 gram sliders,prodigy variator, red torque spring,39 tooth sprocket,2000lb winch, red neck uni filter with K&N precharger, 125 main jet at 1,634 elevation, drilled out exhaust,ngk iridium plug,performance intake,
ncy orange cdi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:46 am 
Probie

ok well i was just going through the trails in my woods and the started bogging down like when a atv runs out of gas... and we took the hose off the gas filter and no gas was going thru it. but I put a diffrent filter on it then it was... but the thing still wont start

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:52 pm 
Buggy Addict

jdorfner wrote:
ok well i was just going through the trails in my woods and the started bogging down like when a atv runs out of gas... and we took the hose off the gas filter and no gas was going thru it. but I put a diffrent filter on it then it was... but the thing still wont start

what type of petcock do you have on the gas tank
is it a manual shut off or is it a vacuum style petcock???
vacuum style no gas will come through it until engine is turn over or running
did you open the drain screw on the bottom of carb bowl to see if has gas in it.

every body does things in different ways but when something happens to me and i'm not sure i check my spark first. that away i know which way to start looking for troubles.
pull spark plug out put it back in plug cap, ground the plug to the head and turn the engine over.
see if you have spark.

also was the gas filter really dirty that you have have picked some junk up and got into the jets on the carb.

see if you have spark first

12 gram sliders,prodigy variator, red torque spring,39 tooth sprocket,2000lb winch, red neck uni filter with K&N precharger, 125 main jet at 1,634 elevation, drilled out exhaust,ngk iridium plug,performance intake,
ncy orange cdi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:41 pm 
Probie

i checked the spark first thing and its vacuum and i was turning it over and it was pumping gas when i was

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:49 pm 
Buggy Addict

jdorfner wrote:
i checked the spark first thing and its vacuum and i was turning it over and it was pumping gas when i was

after your fuel plugged up wasn't letting fuel through you probably completely drained the carb bowl. may have picked junk laying in the botton of the bowl and it got into your jets
think i would pull carb bowl off and look at the jets and clean them.
you got gas to carb and spark

ncy orange cdi