It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Post subject: Told the boss to "take this Job and Shove' it."
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:12 pm 
Initiated

Kind of concerned about St. Joe's Trip on Spet. 28th. Starting new position and I will be back to traveling a bit, hopefully will see you all at the park-my fingers are crossed. So here is the story for anyone that wants to read.

My son went to the hospital a few weeks back and had to stay for four days-Sat evening, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, came home late Wed. He is fine now and no maor long term issues.

The owner of the company I worked for, I just started in May, took three days out of my pay, for staying at the hospital while my son was in ICU!! I should have built up 3 1/2 days off?? Well he informed me of "his interpretation" of my employment contract- no days off for the first 6 months. I am a salaried exec. level employee??? and he had spent three months recruting me, blowing lord knows how much on flights, dinners, etc. So last friday he docked my pay for $960.00 :x .

I called the other company, same field of work, that was recruiting me, informed them I would reconsider their offer. They up-ed the offer-without me asking- :D, Friday afternoon I went out and signed. Told the D.H. I quit this morning..He was like why, what, how..what a flaming ahole :roll: .

That guy is a total slime ball, sleaze bag- In just over 3 months I brought in 70+k in profit to his crappy organization.

Anyway took the new offer and still pressing forward to working out the last few details in starting a small buggy dealership here. I am really hoping Sept 28-29th works out.

Work to live-not live to work!!!! Live life and love what you do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:50 pm 
Sponsoring Dealer
Sponsoring Dealer

I hope your son is ok. some people are just out to make a buck. I am leaving the job I have had for 8 years to run my store. hope all goes well

Eric

http://www.mpsracing.net
www.mpsracing.net

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:55 pm 
BuggyNews Dedicated

Sounds like a Blessing to me :wink:

DAZON 150 double

UNI, 130jet, BIGE built intake tube, custom built exhaust, HO coil, adjustable CDI, iridium plug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:43 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

If you don't mind my asking.... what line of work are you in?

What an a-hole to do that to you and then ask why you are leaving.

Employees are everything... especially the good ones.

-S

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:46 pm 
Initiated

My son is doing great, he truely has an anel watching over him.

The whole ordeal started on the way home from our lake property after a wonderful day of boating and swimming. He had a sezure in the car. I looked back asked my wife to dial 911, pulled over and as I was getting hime out of his car seat he stopped breathing and I had to give him CPR for 5-10 minutes while waiting on the side of a highway in the middle of no where...By the luck of God an off duty fireman stopped and had oxygen and a breathing bag. HE SAVED MY SON'S LIFE.

I finally tracked the fireman down and brought my healthy happy son to me his savior. Words can not describe that dayand the emtions I felt meeting the guy who helped me save my son. He is fine and although on some meds has no recollection of that day or the hospital stay.

After all my family went through with that, the sick bast@*d docks my pay, as if my family was not going through enough.

I consult with business owners and sell software for a very well know software company.

Yes that guy is out to make a buck at all costs. He interviewed a guy I know and told him I had no guts..... THe guy told him he has know me for years and has the utmost respect for me. He started back pedaling and saying that we just got off on the wrong foot from day one...He told him to bend over and F-himself. The guy I know recorded the whole interview and is going to put it up for all to hear. Well he just got a post in one of the more respected job search engines telling everyone what a ballless SoB he really is.....
Good luck finding someone now.

I still believe in Karma..You know the saying..What goes around comes around.

Work to live...Do not live to work..
My grandfather always told me " the only thing in life you will truely regret is the chances you never went after."

Thanks guys for your support I know I did the right thing. It is hard to walk away from a good paying position, however dignity and self respect should never have a price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:27 am 
sorry to hear about all that crap that happened with your job (wish I could tell uncle Sam to shove it :twisted: , but oh well) and glad your son is doing ok. My little sister has down syndrome and I remember back in the late 90's we were at home and her eyes just rolled to the back of her head passing out from a seizure, not f***ing cool at all. My heart sank so far when it happened, felt like I couldn't breathe. Thank god for that guy that helped you and good luck with everything.

-James