It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 pm

Post subject: What??? Another newbie?? with questions???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:15 am 
Initiated

Yeah....thats me.

Tim here...from Minnesota.

Picking up a 2005 Twister 150CC thats gonna atleast need some top end work. But, I may end up going with a new motor.

My son and I are going to use this for hauling our 3 gun gear around at some of the bigger matches in the country here....this should be some great father/son time. I'm sure this will also be used for other recreational purposes too....so I'll be doing mods. I'm thinking already with blown rings, the original owner went with some mods. The buggy looks new, tires are not worn hardly....yet the motor trashed out on him. Unless it was a 'friday' engine.

I'll have the buggy home and motor out this week...ready to play. If any of you can point me in the right direction....I'd appreciate it. May be a newbie to buggies....but I have been around motorcycles, muscle cars, 4x4's for years. This should be fun too!!

Finding out that the 150cc motor has SOOOOO much potential is going to be interesting to say the least.

Kinda funny.....I've rebuilt one of these motors before, now that I think about it. It was my 1967 Honda CL90 , that I bought in 1975. Never had need for a tach on that one....ran it out of oil (which is why I had to rebuild it). Oh...it still ran....just did NOT sound good at all!!

115 main jet
40 pilot jet
Coil
CDI

2008 Bone Stock Baja Dune 150cc

200? MotoBravo GK250cc

Post subject: Re: What??? Another newbie?? with questions???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:43 am 
Buggy Addict

Contact any of the trusted dealers here on this site and they will take care of you. They are the best most reliable and friendly people you will run into. They will not sale you what you don't need and have the knowledge to help you set your rig up for your specific purpose.

Post subject: Re: What??? Another newbie?? with questions???
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:19 am 
BN Elite Member

Welcome to Buggynews. Like dd827 said, contact one of our trusted dealers to get you up and running.

Blade 50cc
Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin