It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:16 pm

Post subject: Wiring issue?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:04 am 
Probie

How's it going everyone? Been looking at your site for a while now to help me out with quite a few issues I've had. I bought a Roketa Gk19, w/CN250 engine,over Thanksgiving weekend last year and it ran like a champ for the first day. The wiring was hacked to hell so I replaced it all (had to make my own schematic) and when I tried to start it I got nothing. Had a buddy of mine start troubleshooting it with me and we replaced a few things we thought needed to be replaced. New carb, new valves and springs, quadrupole +++ checked the timing and valves a bunch of times to no avail.

So here's the weird thing. You set the motor to TDC and the buggy fires right up and runs/idles like a champ. Shut it off and you can't get it to start back up unless you reset the motor to TDC. Any suggestions? We're going to change out the pickup coil next to see if it changes anything. Did I maybe miss something or not thinking of something?

Post subject: Re: Wiring issue?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 am 
Admin

Your flywheel and pickup location set mechanical advance while your CDI sets electrical advance. I would start by looking at these two pieces to ensure your ignition timing is not off.

Are you setting your valve lash on the compression stroke of the cam cycle? Have you run a compression test on the engine?

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Wiring issue?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:29 pm 
Probie

So it ended up being the magnetic pickup causing it not to start at any spot in the rotation. Thanks a lot for all your help PGH!