It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:40 am

Post subject: Titan 250 Plus
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:58 pm 
Probie

I've just registered on this site, but I've been looking at it for a while. I read through a lot of the material before buying my Titan from Awesome Buggy. I don't really know who manufactured it, I'm assuming it was either Sunl or Roketa, but I thought my observations may help any prospective buyers.

The quality of the buggy is a 6 out of 10. It could be better, but NOT for the price. $2400 is cheap considering what you get. The bottom line is...you better be a tinkerer/mechanic if you want to enjoy these machines. I am personally both, as well as an amatuer fabricator, so I thoroughly enjoy my buggy, as it gives me a lot of time to not worry about work and life.

I have had some problems to correct. On arrival the top of the fuel tank was smashed in, and the gasket in the vacuum operated fuel valve had a large piece of o-ring wedged into it. Also, the buggy would not run when I unpacked it. The valves were too tight (too little clearance) and had to be adjusted. The engine and transmission were not in alignment. I had to drop the engine and transmission, slot all of the mounting holes, and reinstall the components so the shaft ran true. The fuel gauge still leaks to this very day, and I don't seem to care enough to repair it. Nuts and bolts have been sufficiently tight for the most part.

I have made some modifications. The first thing I did was install real headlights. I have also created a new dash panel. It has a lighted headlight switch, ammeter, voltmeter, and hobbs hour meter to keep track of oil change intervals.

In spite of everything, I would do it again. The reality is, I don't think you know what you'll get out of the box. I think the biggest problem is Chinese quality control...or the lack of it.

Currently, every seal on my transmission leaks, but I just keep adding fluid and riding some more.

Post subject: New toy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:26 pm 
Initiated

I feel your pain! I bought two at the same time so I doubled my work. When I buy stuff to fix problems it is automaticaly doubled. As for the fuel gauge, take it apart and use some sort of fuel resistant RTV put it on the underside of the glass and on the top. Then re-assemble it and let it set up. THis worked fine on one but leaked on the other. I took it back apart and really stuck the RTV to it. The gauge does not work well now but I really do not care about that. Another problem I had was leaking around the gas cap. I used gasket material and cut two more layers so it fit tight when you put in on. That fixed that leak. I can be hard to get the cap on sometimes but you do not add fuel that often. I really think all of the transmissions leak. I put some Lucas sealer in mine just so it would not leak everything out. I keep an eye on the level and ride on. Good luck with your new toy.

250 Titan Plus

230 Suzuki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:34 pm 
Sponsoring Dealer
Sponsoring Dealer

sounds like you are having fun even with the little problems. thats kinda what its about, making the buggy your own. post some pictures, we wood like to see it. and welcome to the addiction :D

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:27 am 
Buggy Addict

BIGE wrote:
sounds like you are having fun even with the little problems. thats kinda what its about, making the buggy your own. post some pictures, we wood like to see it. and welcome to the addiction :D

It's all fun...

'05 Blade 150 DX: Moded (Hopster RIP) @ Brother's
http://www.northeastbuggy.com
National Bash 2011-Site 106

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:14 am 
Buggy Addict

with my new trans i bought some gasket maker black it works great not a drop of oil and i like your idea of more gaskets for the gas leak i have the same prob

All rides with "La Familia" can be found at
http://www.utvunderground.com/

Post subject: Trans Gasket
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:56 pm 
Initiated

Did you split the case to do it?

250 Titan Plus

230 Suzuki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:09 pm 
Buggy Addict

well i had to because i had to put a new saft in it the one that goes a the way threw to the bar that make it locked it just had a pole there i guess they come that way as a part so we had to split bloth cases its not very you prob would not even have to take it all the way apart but yah it a pain to take out just make sure that everything is where it posed to be

and can you explan what you did with you gas tank i want to do that no i need to do that :lol:

Post subject: Gas tank repair
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:33 pm 
Initiated

I took it apart and put RTV on the tank, installed the first part and layered it with RTV and a piece of the gauge assembly. If you want the gauge to work you will have to use Q-tips to ensure the slide area is clear. Do not be afraid to get it everywhere. That is a really poor design in my opinion. I tried to even make gaskets but ended up going with RTV to stop the leak. Good luck!

250 Titan Plus

230 Suzuki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:06 pm 
Buggy Addict

no im sorry i ment the gas cap yah we had to fix the gauge when we got it it would not work caus the plixesy glas was all like bumpie we put new pice in but i did mean the gas cap if you could tell me more that would be great thanks

Post subject: Gas cap
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:51 pm 
Initiated

Go to a parts store and buy a roll of gasket material. Take the rubber seal off the cap and cut several out of the material. Put the material ones back on the cap first and then your rubber one. Try it and see if it leaks. If it does add another gasket untill it stops or you cannot get the cap on any more. I have two and one works like a champ, the other one is really hard to get the cap back on. I can live with this better than a leak. Let me know if you need anything else.

250 Titan Plus

230 Suzuki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:03 am 
Buggy Addict

ok thanks i will be doing this i think we have some of that around my cap it kinda hard to put on as it is but it is defiantly wort a shot thanks will tell how it works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:58 am 
Initiated

Do the trannies leak often on these rides (Titan 250)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:04 am 
Buggy Addict

HellOnWheels wrote:
Do the trannies leak often on these rides (Titan 250)?

Sounds like some do and some don't. I had a problem on my GY6 150cc, my son (ACBlind) has the same engine and we drive on the same trails and he's never had a problem.

My tranny leak issue was due to the strain from doing donuts. That's my thinking anyway. It worked fine until I did a bunch of hard ones. I fixed it the 1st time.. no problems until I did them again.

'05 Blade 150 DX: Moded (Hopster RIP) @ Brother's
http://www.northeastbuggy.com
National Bash 2011-Site 106

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:54 pm 
Buggy Addict

yah they leak but can be fixed but its a little hard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:28 pm 
Buggy Addict