It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 am

Post subject: HH 250SS VIN Clarification?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:18 pm 
Initiated

I've copied the VIN from my HH 250SS the best I can but some digits are hard to make out... The VIN location is just primer, no paint so I might be able to sand to clear the number up but I'd be afraid of losing it all together! lol

LOBBTRGY XXXXXXXXX (X's being all numbers)

Does this look right? Close to what others may have on their 250SS? I'm assuming the start of the VIN would be make/model code and the later part would be the serial. Going to try and submit the VIN to the manufacturer to see if they can give me a year for registration purposes. Unless there's a way to identify the year easily?

Thanks,

Tim.

Post subject: Re: HH 250SS VIN Clarification?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:59 pm 
Buggy Addict

I don't know that the VIN is designed like that of more common vehicles/powersports. The VIN won't tell you much of anything. Maybe just guess on the year. They were first built with the hi low trans I believe in 2007. They quit making/importing them awhile ago. Got a picture?

2009 Hammerhead 250SS (it's got a few mods)
Joylaris 400

Gone, but not forgotten: 2005 Carter Talon, 2007 Hammerhead 250SS
Proud member of Team FIB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:42 pm 
Initiated

Just got off the phone with them Hammerhead. The 10th digit of the VIN is the build year. In my case it's a 2008.

The previous owner recieved it on a trade for work he had done and swore that it was "only a couple years old". It shows more than a couple years of aging so I really didn't believe him anyways.

It only has 800 miles on it. Is that low for these buggies? My DN150 doesn't have an odometer so I really have nothing to compare to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:08 pm 
Buggy Addict

Teebs wrote:
Just got off the phone with them Hammerhead. The 10th digit of the VIN is the build year. In my case it's a 2008.

The previous owner recieved it on a trade for work he had done and swore that it was "only a couple years old". It shows more than a couple years of aging so I really didn't believe him anyways.

It only has 800 miles on it. Is that low for these buggies? My DN150 doesn't have an odometer so I really have nothing to compare to.

Learn something new everyday. Most of the odometers don't work all that well, but 800 miles isn't crazy high, but it's definitely been driven.

Congrats on the purchase. These things sure are fun to work on and drive. Almost always in that order.

2009 Hammerhead 250SS (it's got a few mods)
Joylaris 400

Gone, but not forgotten: 2005 Carter Talon, 2007 Hammerhead 250SS
Proud member of Team FIB