It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 am

Post subject: uni filter and choke question
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:54 am 
Buggy Addict

i know this mite be a dumb question and probably has already been written but just can't seem to fined it.
what is the wright amount of oil to put on a uni filter,don't want to over due it or under due it. i did read the instructions on the can but still unsure.
also having that feeling that my choke hadn't been working wright for a while and when i took carb off to rejet the first thing i took off was the choke.took it out at the base,came out a little hard. then to notice there was alot of dust and dirt to get by the o ring and be in the base itself. then looking at the o ring it looked that it had not been sealing all the way around.this would be a performance loss to the carb wouldn't it.meaning if dust got buy air could to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

Highscores: 1
Just make sure that the whole uni is covered. The oil doesn't hurt the air flow or the carb. I don't know what cart you have so I can't tell you what to do about the carb. If it's a 150 then you can convert it to manual choke and I can get the instuctions to do that.

1995 KDX200
FMF Silencer and Pipe, Bark Busters, 220cc Wiseco Piston, Skid Plate, Race Tech Fork Springs, FRP Chain Guide, Race Tech Shock, FRP Handlebar Clamp, Answer Alumilite Handlebars, Scott Grips, Uni, Fork Guards, Number Plate,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:18 am 
BuggyNews Dedicated

pud:
If you have friends that motocross or have a car or truck with a K&N get them to show you how to give it a nice spray job of the oil without overdoing it.
Sounds like AC has got you covered on the choke conversion. Until then don't worry about if anything got by the o-ring, be glad you caught it when you did and put it back together correctly. Of course I'm not sure but if you are having problems then it may be something simple like the plug. A fresh clean plug is always a good thing. The iridiums are the only way to go,definetly worth the extra money. Good Luck w/it :wink:
van

DAZON 150 double

UNI, 130jet, BIGE built intake tube, custom built exhaust, HO coil, adjustable CDI, iridium plug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:52 am 
Buggy Addict

thanks acblind and team913 for the help, i am a worry wort about things i always like to be better safe than sorry.i did block choke off with gasket for now will fix soon.
also i have seen the prime system and converting to manual choke on this forum both are great.just been out of the fun to long.here are a few pictures after getting some life into this buggy. thanks again

Attachments:
123N07-7-22(15-21).jpg
123N07-7-22(15-21).jpg [ 32.35 KiB | Viewed 1050 times ]
125N07-7-22(15-22).jpg
125N07-7-22(15-22).jpg [ 30.77 KiB | Viewed 1053 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:09 pm 
BuggyNews Dedicated

Cool Pud. Glad to help. I may not be the great wealth of information that some of the members are here, but I'm always willing to share what I have learned over the years.
Great looking buggy you have there. It must be a real torque monster to climb those West Virginia Hills. I would have to gear mine down a bit to ride where you live or buy a 2speed 250 from Glade (ha)!
While I have my engine apart to install the 155kit (waiting on parts) I will at that time do the choke conversion. I'm old school where carbs are concerned and do not want an electric choke. Make mine manual.
:wink:

DAZON 150 double

UNI, 130jet, BIGE built intake tube, custom built exhaust, HO coil, adjustable CDI, iridium plug