It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Post subject: Help Please with xinling 250 buggy
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:28 am 
Probie

Hi guys can anyone give me some guidance on how to remove the forward and reverse gear box from my buggy (and is it difficult) because i think it is shot. I have just replaced all the cogs behind the clutch assembly and the shaft going from there to the f/r gearbox is turning fine in neutral even when reving the engine how ever when put into gear buggy will move but struggles......... it is also worse going forward. Please help spent a fortune already and now running out of money... :(

Post subject: Re: Help Please with xinling 250 buggy
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:39 am 
Admin

Are you sure the rollers in the variator are positioned properly? Put the rear on jacks and run the engine in gear with the CVT cover off. You want to see the belt travel up and down the face of the pulleys based on engine speed.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:06 pm 
Probie

thanks for the reply could you explain a little more please ie whats the variator. have now stripped out the gear box and i think you may be right all cogs seem fine when rotating by hand also goes in to forward and reverse nicely..

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:15 pm 
Buggified

variator is part of your cvt it is the front pully rollers are inside the variator they can get hung up possible causing the problem.

TEAM ROKETA- looking at the others through the rear view mirror

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:25 pm 
Admin

The pulley off the engine crank has six or eight weights that shift when the engine speed increases. This pushes the pulley together and forces the belt to ride higher on the faces. What I just described is called the variator.

The weights inside the variator are roller shaped - The should be oriented so they roll out from the center to the outer edge. If one of these weights gets out of place, it leaves the CVT stuck in one gear or ratio.

The reason you were able to move in reverse better than forward is because reverse typical has a 3:1 reduction over forward.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:33 pm 
Probie

thanks guys i now understand about the variator when i replaced the cogs behind the clutch i did not remove the variator and slipped the belt over it when replacing it was the right way of doing it ??
Just another point ehen the buggy did move back and forth i did notice a noise like a sliiping coig noise which i believed was coming from the gear box hense my first post sorry if i sound thick but woiuld really appreciate some more help...

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:42 pm 
Probie

thanks guys for all your input the variator was the problem now sorted and all back together u all have saved me a packet but most of all have learnt so much thanks again...............#

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 am 
Probie

Hi lads hoping someone can help me with the removal of my gearbox from my xinling 250. IV managed to get as far as removing the bottom rollers and all mountings from the box. but I cant remove the gearbox where the roller goes from the box to the engine. Only way I'm thinking is to lower the engine itself as all it needs is to drop past the mounting brackets. Reason been my gearbox casing has got a huge hole in as the bearing has smashed through it.think it happened cos the chain was too tight. Any help would be appreciated.thanks.tom