It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:24 am

Post subject: SR-2 1100cc Fuel injection issue and blown fuse issue?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:05 pm 
Probie

I've got an SR-2 1100cc from MiniSandRail.net that I'm having alot of fun with but a couple things I can't find an answer to. First, when you stall or just shut the engin down, it will not start back up again for about 5 min. Then it starts just fine. I have used a starting fluid spray into the snorkel and that works? It's as if some kind of timer is set that shuts down the fuel injection for starting only? Any ideas for fixing this?

The second item is that the head lights and/or light bar will blow a fuse that shuts down the whole car? Very difficult to find a short becasue it's so rare that in happens, but I did look for obviouse shorts. I replaced the fuse with a 30amp reset type fuse and this is a good band aid but not fixed. Anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks for any help,

Motohead

Post subject: Re: SR-2 1100cc Fuel injection issue and blown fuse issue?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:38 am 
Admin

1. Check your fuel line pressure

2. Try to isolate the lighting circuit with a smaller capacity fuse. If it continues to blow, remove one bulb and try it again. Eventually you will find the specific light wiring that is at fault.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:50 pm 
Probie

1. Check your fuel line pressure.
[My fuel pressure never seems to drop. I think it may have somthing to do with the a starting curcit in the injectors shutting down for 5 min after a stall or turning the key off when warm. I was thinking it might be some kind of electronic sensor that's giving it bad feedback, like overheating.]

2. Try to isolate the lighting circuit with a smaller capacity fuse. If it continues to blow, remove one bulb and try it again. Eventually you will find the specific light wiring that is at fault.

[This might work. I'll give it a try.]

Thanks!

Motohead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:03 pm 
Probie

Just thought I'd let people know what I've found out about the fuel injection issue. If I turn the buggy off or stall it, I can dissconect the batt for a few seconds, then re-conect it and my buggy starts right up! Think I'll just put a master switch on the batt and hide it. That way my restarting issue is solved and I have a theft deterent. (I think this is just an issue with a sensor sending bad info to the brains. Cutting off all power forces a reset)

I still have not found any shorts in the headlights, but they have been working OK the few times I've used them???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 pm 
Admin

I'm surprised that turning off the key switch and turning it back on does not clear the ECU. You now have a clue that whatever electrical component is hanging is always powered, you may want to trace these lines down from the battery to the fuse block and see where they go. Maybe you will find a loose connection, damage or abrasion along the way.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:23 pm 
Admin

http://joynerforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=298

Be aware that the protocol is not OBD2 but the GM/Opel/Vauxhall proprietary one.

Black is GND, Red is +Bat, Pale Pink is the K-line (fits pin 7 of the OBD2 socket).

Profile Personal album