It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 am

Post subject: ideas for home made fenders for you buggy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:39 am 
Probie

has anyone got any good ideas for creating custom fenders? this is what i did after getting covered head to toe in mud to many times,i dont mind a little mud but not covered head to toe.factory fenders that came on my 1100 dazon did little to nothing as far as keeping any mud off of me or out of the interrior. this was my first try at redusiung all that unwanted mud,i took the inner plastic fender well from a pickup,not even sure what make or model,possable a 2005 dodge ram 1500 as i have a few of those laying around. took tape centered it starting at one end and went all the way to the other end(would be like going from front over tire to the rear of the tire if were on the truck)wanted to be sure everyone clear on this,next took jig saw cutting the well,tub whatever you wanna call it,right down the tape line,cutting this in half,what u get are two awesome rear fenders for your buggy that will keep so much mud off of you,you will wonder how you got by without then.you could make a better setup if you started from scratch.mine formed right to the factory fender supports,everyone thinks they are factory fenders.the front,i took some heave clear vinyl simular to what rear windows were once made of on convertables,and mad a 4-5 inch extension to my fenders,no more mud in my face,basicly i went from being covered in mud to now only having my left elbow with traces on mud on it.i have ran this setup for sever all out hell raising mud bog blowouts with great success.i am so pleased with the out come although now i have another idea which i will begin as soon as i finish writing this thread.i took the front section from a Yamaha big bear,which was scrap as the early models had a tendency to break on both sides where fenders met with the hood,that's ok,this is where i cut a straight line front to back on both sides of hood,now im ready to start fitting my new rear fenders which look even more appealing than my 1st setup using inner truck fenders.these i plan on attaching to the buggy frame way above wheels given the buggy a totally different look,like its been lifted,the first setup,the fenders were attached to brackets mounted to the wheel assembly and moved with the wheel,not a lot of clearance between wheel and fenders but still did a fine job.what do you all think of my ideas? i will try getting pics posted of both setups later today.i would like to no what ideas anyone has come up with for fenders.i heard of someone taking Rubbermaid tubs cutting these into,using for fenders. im posting the befor with factory fenders now,later today i will try posting after pics.would love your input,tell me what you think.thanks for reading my ideas for home made fenders.

Attachments:
File comment: here are a couple pics with factory fender,useless for most part
buggy with my porsche.jpg
buggy with my porsche.jpg [ 29.08 KiB | Viewed 5215 times ]
File comment: better view,larger tires
buggy1.jpg
buggy1.jpg [ 136.91 KiB | Viewed 5215 times ]
dazon 4.jpg
dazon 4.jpg [ 294.09 KiB | Viewed 5215 times ]
 Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: ideas for home made fenders for you buggy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:00 pm 
Admin

I haven't seen many of the larger buggies with fender modifications. The smaller buggies have had all kinds of fender ideas from arched diamond plate to semi rig mud flaps to split plastic tubs.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:42 pm 
Probie

i have seen some buggies with really nice fenders. go and check out the Rage Hurricane buggy and a few other similar ones. though i feel you should see the roll cage pipes and parts on a buggy, it looks better :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:43 pm 
Buggy Addict

Rubbermaid tub fenders...
Check out Guy48065's post about them over here:

ANOTHER INSTALLMENT IN MY "YOU CAN DO IT!!" SERIES

Now a couple of things about Mark's great post:
1) His post about the fenders is what introduced me to BuggyNews.
2) I owned that buggy for quite a few years. I've since sold it to Tigger and have lost track of what state the buggy is in.

Oh; Wal-Mart has some of the best selection and colors for tubs out there. They work very; very well.

'05 Blade 150 DX: Moded (Hopster RIP) @ Brother's
http://www.northeastbuggy.com
National Bash 2011-Site 106