It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:01 am

Post subject: Love the Blade DX with the East Side peformance cam!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:23 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

The blade is a great 150. The east side performance cam is making it even better. Not only does it have speed ability due to the higher gearing that blade comes with, but now it has low end as well. It's a win, win situation folks!

I'm definately going to have to get one of these cams for my 04 Xterro now which is still down folks!! Come on KPX where are my parts!!

-Steve

2005 Blade 150 DX: 4 Valve head, 10 gram rollers, East Side pipe, uni

Post subject: Re: Love the Blade DX with the East Side peformance cam!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:55 pm 
Buggy Dealer

Ok now I need to find time to do my cam!!!!! I need 48 hour days!!!!!!

very exciting, and glad to hear you are still having fun in the Blade!

STU

Hopsterguy wrote:
The blade is a great 150. The east side performance cam is making it even better. Not only does it have speed ability due to the higher gearing that blade comes with, but now it has low end as well. It's a win, win situation folks!

I'm definately going to have to get one of these cams for my 04 Xterro now which is still down folks!! Come on KPX where are my parts!!

-Steve

"The Future In Off-Road"

"PLAY TOUGH-GET DIRTY"

http://WWW.BLADEPOWERSPORTS.COM

1-888-44-BLADE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:58 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

It's not too bad... just follow the instructions exactly... pay very careful attention to both timing and the cam chain guide... if you screw up the guide it will be a pain. So be gentle

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:02 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Oh... and yes... the Blade gets TONS of run time. There are some new areas cut in lately near my house with some crazy hills, etc. Does well.

BUT, I need new brake pads in the rear already.

All those speed runs are killing the pads quickly! It's too fast! haha

-Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:48 am 
BN Elite Member

Can someone tell me if a new cam would make a differance in my Sahara?
I talked to Eastside yesterday and they told me that the new cams are the same as the ones in the 05 and 06 models, but he didn't sound too sure of it though. I have a 05 Sahara (sorry Stu) and I ordered the HP kit 3 weeks ago and still nothing. I cancelled the order yesterday and just ordered the cam and a 135 jet.
I got a Uni filter, re-jet with a #56 bit, and opened up the exaust to about a 2" opening. The parts guy at eastside told me the new pipe wouldn't make that much of a differance since my pipe is already a 1.25" pipe. He said it helps the older pipes that are only 3/4".
Can someone clear this up for me???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:31 am 
Buggy Distributor

If it helps a Blade, it should help a Sahara. Kinroad makes them both. :D

Davin Smith

davin@kinroadusa.com

Senior Account Manager

www.runmasterusa.com

888-883-8986

469-461-8886

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:24 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

They put this kit together as bing billed for a twister hammerhead 2004. I wonder if he is right that the 2005 Twister/Talon come with this cam already??? Only way we would know is if a 2005 TJ Powersports buggy owner took his cam out and compared it for us. (and yes, the carter talon is made by TJ Powersports) If this is correct... this shows where TJ Powersports cares about performance and is finding components to make a difference in their buggys.

Since we are all pretty much GY6 based in the 150cc realm, we benefit as well.

Yes... the sahara should have the more mild cam as original equipment... this higher performance cam should make a difference.

I think the difference between the East Side pipe and your openned up stock pipe is probably NOT HUGE... The stock 2005 Sahara/Blade pipe is of the more narrow tubing variety though. I can tell you the tubing on the East Side pipe is wider... and that should make some a difference in exhaust flow.

Most of the information the Reps at East Side get are from the 2005 TJ Powersports line, because they sell them there. They are not aware of all the little differences between other 2005 buggys out there... so for that information check here!! :)

You could also get ahold of a 2005 twister pipe... we hear they are cheap here and from pictures they look pretty nice.

-Steve

Jabo wrote:
Can someone tell me if a new cam would make a differance in my Sahara?
I talked to Eastside yesterday and they told me that the new cams are the same as the ones in the 05 and 06 models, but he didn't sound too sure of it though. I have a 05 Sahara (sorry Stu) and I ordered the HP kit 3 weeks ago and still nothing. I cancelled the order yesterday and just ordered the cam and a 135 jet.
I got a Uni filter, re-jet with a #56 bit, and opened up the exaust to about a 2" opening. The parts guy at eastside told me the new pipe wouldn't make that much of a differance since my pipe is already a 1.25" pipe. He said it helps the older pipes that are only 3/4".
Can someone clear this up for me???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:10 pm 
Buggy Enthusiast

As I mentioned in other forums I ordered the eastside pipe yesterday and they told me they were getting the pipes back from the chrome shop this week, curious if that is what they have been telling you for the past 3 weeks? Don't want to be on an indefinate hold waiting for a pipe... Somewhere in the previous post I picked up on .8 outer diameter of the stock pipe (little under an inch, i'm sure that would give you the 3/4" inner dia. that EastSide is talking about). If your pipe has that OD then your a canidate for the larger version. I measured mine on the 05 Xterro, and it was 8/10 of an inch, so I opted to go for the larger dia tube on eastside pipe instead of Heath's clever mod of opening up the tail of the existing pipe...

05 KPX Xterro, Cam, Eastside pipe, Uni, 130 jet, and a cool speedo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:10 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

EastSide is not always fast, but they do come through and have products of good quality.

-S

thebikemeister wrote:
As I mentioned in other forums I ordered the eastside pipe yesterday and they told me they were getting the pipes back from the chrome shop this week, curious if that is what they have been telling you for the past 3 weeks? Don't want to be on an indefinate hold waiting for a pipe... Somewhere in the previous post I picked up on .8 outer diameter of the stock pipe (little under an inch, i'm sure that would give you the 3/4" inner dia. that EastSide is talking about). If your pipe has that OD then your a canidate for the larger version. I measured mine on the 05 Xterro, and it was 8/10 of an inch, so I opted to go for the larger dia tube on eastside pipe instead of Heath's clever mod of opening up the tail of the existing pipe...

Post subject: For what it's worth.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:38 pm 
Buggy Addict

When I was on the phone with East Side I made sure to mention I was an active member of buggynews.com. I told him there were some consirnes voyced that If I order an official East Side Pipe, I was going to waiting a while. He told me that he wouldn't tell me where I was on the list, but to not assume I would be waiting a month, in fact he thought it might be possible my pipe would be leaving the next day. :) Dropping the BuggyNews name made me feel like a cub reporter doing a field story on customer service at East Side. Him too a little bit? I actually believe the power in the BuggyNews name might have even un-officially bumpped me a few critical notches up on the list ? Why the very name 'BuggyNews', it just strikes fear in to the dudes heart!! It is so Official and informational sounding, could be a real customer service nightmare hugh? he hehe .. Too Perfect ! He's got to be thinking .. OMG its A freeking BuggyNews member !! :) I might as well drop the name and play all my cards? He is got to know im going to report back to base as to when the goods came in!!

He got to hear whether he wanted to or not how our verry own Hopsterguy, making cover of Dirt Bag Magazine and how big of a deal it really was to all of us here...... oh crap wait a minute. Im getting my stories mixed up again. That last part never happened!! :)

Can we get BuggyNews ID Cards issued to flash at the stores, just to put them on notice that an official member of 'The Primere Scorce for all your Buggy News and Information on the Net' is standing in their store. If they are smart, they will make sure you get the red carpet treatment, all un-officially of course!!! They will just sell the story "We try to treat all of our customers that good" when grilled as to why BuggyNews people seem to keep getting the 'Golden Boy' treatment in all their stores! :)

My mods with pictures:

https://www.buggynews.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

My buggy review:

https://www.buggynews.com/viewtopic.php?t=1858

Last edited by Talonman on Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: For what it's worth.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:47 pm 
Initiated

Whatever medication your taking send me some. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TalonMan wrote:
When I was on the phone with East Side I made sure to mention I was an active member of buggynews.com. I told him there were some consirnes voyced that If I order an official East Side Pipe, that I was going to waiting a while. He told me that he wouldn't tell me where I was on the list, but to not assume I would be waiting a month, in fact he thought it might be possible my pipe would be leaving the next day. :) Dropping the BuggyNews name made me feel like a cub reporter doing a field story on <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=23&k=customer%20service" onmouseover="window.status='customer service'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">customer service</a> at East Side. Him too a little bit? I actually believe the power in the BuggyNews name might have even un-officially bumpped me a few critical notches up on the list ? Why the very name 'BuggyNews', it just strikes fear in to the dudes heart!! It is so Official and informational sounding, could be a real customer service nightmare hugh? he hehe .. Too Perfect ! He's got to be thinking .. OMG its A freeking BuggyNews member !! :) I might as well drop the name and play all my cards? He is got to know im going to report back to base as to when the goods came in!!

He got to hear whether he wanted to or not how our verry own Hopsterguy, making cover of Dirt Bag Magazine and how big of a deal it really was to all of us here...... oh crap wait a minute. Im getting my stories mixed up again. That last part never happened!! :)

Can we get BuggyNews ID Cards issued to flash at the stores, just to put them on notice that on official member of 'The Primere Scorce for all your Buggy News and Information on the Net' is standing in their store. If they are smart, they will make sure you get the red carpet treatment, all un-officially of course!!! They will just sell the story "We try to treat all of our customers that good" when grilled as to why BuggyNews people seem to keep getting the 'Golden Boy' treatment all the time in their store! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:33 pm 
steve, did you send him some of those little 'blue' pills or the 'pink' ones ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: BuggyNews.com
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:48 pm 
Buggy Addict

Don't give in to The Dark Side .... Join BuggyNews.com today and feel the force! :)

Store Clerk: I just wanted to move the BuggyNews dude up in the list. I'm not sure why ?

BuggyNews Member: You serve your Masssster well !!! :)

My mods with pictures:

My buggy review:

Last edited by Talonman on Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:50 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

I don't really recall. I think they were yellow, actually.

:wink:

-S

Last edited by Hopster on Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:58 pm 
ah, the 5 mg valium. send him the 'blue' 10 mg. i think he needs them more. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: It's only fair
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:11 am 
Buggy Addict

It is only fair and just to allow for the store owner to make a business decission to put his staff on notice that all BuggyNews members get preferential treatment. It is not descrimination to the non members in the world who have no voyce to step to the back of the line. It is a big boy world and the business man knows free advertizing is not cheep, and the fact this site controlls allot of business with public opinion. Look how fast we snapped up $300 pipe and filter kits just because they seem to be the one to have. He can eather fill the dudes order that has very little potential of drumming up more business by word of mouth, or he can fill the BuggyNews members order and gamble he is a big mouth TalonMan going to shout from the roof top how product-X rocks, and came here quick as lightning. It's a simple business decision. It is his call to make. He is the one with the big financial investment in his business, and the responsibility to put food on his familys table. Besides, the non-members are the ones who are content to not be counted, and gladly forfite their voyce in the world to melt into utter obscurity. Why should we change the natural order of things?

I would like to say something like, if they don't care about helping their buggy brothers out in the community by getting counted, why should we care about when they get their performance part?, but I wont.

This is starting to sound to 'Boxing Ring'ish'. I really am not against the guests that just find the place and want to check it out. It is a friendly place and I like to ramble. But for you other regular leaches ... just kidding.

But I do feel strongly about how a good count of users helps everybody out! Ill take a chill pill now! This was really about everybody coming to the realization of the shere power that this place and us as a counted mass of market, will soon wield. I do believe that it will happen. It will soon be known, if you ignore BuggyNews, you ignore your market! We have our finger on pulse of the product demand. We are the demand.

I solute the store owner and his God given right to insure the continued success of his business by maintaining a policy, at least in his store, that BuggyNews members will always come first!

With BuggyNews ID cards, we will be able to talk discount soon! :)
With A BuggyNews Master Card, we could earn extra miles with Buggy Points?
I guess extra miles would be new sets of tires?

Am I getting off topic..... sorry!! :)

So let it be written, so let it be done.

My mods with pictures:

My buggy review:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:22 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Why don't we just sponser a BuggyNews Visa/Mastercard? ;)

Hehe.

I do wonder what this place will be like in 2 years or so when it's late at night and my mind has time to think freely.

-Steve

Post subject: in 2 years
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:56 am 
Buggy Addict

I would like to buy a piece of BuggyNews right now. There is no other place like it on the net dedicated to just us buggy guys, with this much info. BuggyNews stock would be fun.

I would love to have a BuggyNews Master Card or Visa with a great buggy picture on the card. The more you spent, you could pick from a catalog of various performance parts.

We will have 1000 registered members on 11/17/2005.

Us Go-Kart/Buggy people of all shapes and sizes and color are about to unite in the world under 1 banner.
**BuggyNews.com**

Let the great love of the Buggy era be awakend.

You can just feel it! :)

My mods with pictures:

My buggy review: