It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 pm

Post subject: Super Kart, Super-Kart introduces new Super-Moto LT-2
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:43 pm 
Bannished Member
Bannished Member

Dear Forum,

Super-Kart, super kart

We went to the Extreme Off-Road Show this weekend and I shot some pictures of our new LT-2 with my son Stefan. This mini-sandrail frame is made from 1.250" diameter x .095 and .120" wall thickness DOM 1020 tubing and is powder coated your choice color. Standard features: FOX 8.5 and 10.5 non-coilovers (optional coilovers were on this car per customer request), Center Console, FNR Differential with CVT Brake, Porsche 930 CVS, 930 Axles, 930 Micro Stubs, Jamar 12' Disk Brakes and Jamar Brake and Gas Pedals, Adjustable Racetrim Seats with Crow 5-point harnesses, Aluminum Gas Tank with electric pump, 12 inch wheel (15" shown), 25" tires front and rear, Billet Steering Wheel with quick release, Billet Rear View Mirror, Team CVT, Diamond Plate Floor and Firewall and optional Rear Wing with trunk. In our price range and quality we had no comparable sandrail at this show. We were extremely pleased with the response to our “Made In America” Super Moto LT-2 sandrail.

We also showed our new single seat 450 ATR and a new two seat 450cc Go-kart. Both vehicles feature the Subaru single cylinder 43 hp engine with 5 speeds and reverse. At 43hp we had no competition in horsepower or in our price range. Two companies were selling different Chinese mini-sandrails with the 800cc. At 35hp the 800cc is 8hp less that our new 450cc 43hp Subaru motor so why are they charging more? Our 43hp motor has three years parts and labor warranty from Subaru and the 800cc has only 90 days. The length of a warranty really speaks volumes for the quality of any product!

Our SK-2 and Super Moto LT-2 sandrails have EPA and CARB approval on all the engines we currently offer. All vehicles come with Green Sticker for California. The 450cc ATR and 450 Two Seat model will be EPA and CARB approval soon. We will not have stock of either models until September or October. I will post pictures soon. We plan on offering DOM welded roll cages for both models. We will have pictures on our web-site of all our new models soon.

Thank you.

Sean
www.super-kart.com

Attachments:
File comment: Super Moto LT-2 Front View
100_1039.jpg
100_1039.jpg [ 541.88 KiB | Viewed 5600 times ]
File comment: Super Moto LT-2 Side View
100_1040.jpg
100_1040.jpg [ 588.28 KiB | Viewed 5593 times ]
File comment: Super Moto LT-2 Side View
100_1041.jpg
100_1041.jpg [ 580.61 KiB | Viewed 5593 times ]
File comment: Super Moto LT-2 Rear View
100_1042.jpg
100_1042.jpg [ 535 KiB | Viewed 5603 times ]
100_1043.jpg
100_1043.jpg [ 483.43 KiB | Viewed 5607 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:12 am 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Cool looking sand buggy. Nice.

-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:30 am 
Buggified

Very cool pics.

Sean, can you please PM me with the expected pricing on the:

1 seater 450cc kart
2 seater 450cc kart

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:42 am 
Buggy Enthusiast

I really like this cart. But seeing it in person, it looks to be setting too low. Like the frame will drag before it runs out of suspension. Can the height be set higher to use all the travel????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:30 am 
BuggyNews Dedicated

Now that is one sweet looking rail! I love it!

2 - Blade 70KT's

Twister 150 Mods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:05 am 
Buggy Addict

Can we started putting these in the Dealer anouncement sections since no one ever does?

LAFNGAS

05 Joyner Sand Devil

03 YZ450F

06 125cc SUNL Pit Bike

06 Rhino

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:15 am 
BN Elite Member

lafngas wrote:
Can we started putting these in the Dealer anouncement sections since no one ever does?

Good point Dustin, I'll move it now. :wink:

Blade 50cc
Polaris Sportsman 700 Twin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:52 am 
Buggy Crazed

Sean,
good looking buggy, I really like the style of it.

330cc polaris trail boss

70cc honda dirtbike

50cc suzuki quad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:54 am 
Bannished Member
Bannished Member

Knowpig wrote:
I really like this cart. But seeing it in person, it looks to be setting too low. Like the frame will drag before it runs out of suspension. Can the height be set higher to use all the travel????????

The Super-Moto LT-2 will have 16 inches of clearance witth 25 inch tires. We have up to 30" tires available. This sandrail had 12 inches of clearance.

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:26 pm 
Admin

Wow...Awesome looking sandrail!

Sean do you have anything that's 50" or less in width that would be legal to ride the ORV trails here in Michigan and elsewhere?

Post subject: Ride Height
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:02 pm 
Initiated

Most true long travel "sand rails", such as this one, are not set up to maintain maximum ride height as you would want for backwoods riding. Instead, much of the travel is setup as "sag", so the suspension can work in both uptravel and downtravel, resulting in a very smooth and comfortable ride in the sand dunes. You still get full use of the travel when you jump. The suspension lets out all the way, then soaks up the landing with the long travel shocks.

IMO, it's gonna be a VERY long time, IF EVER, that the Chinese start using the "big buggy", race-proven suspension setup and engines with warranties like Super Karts is doing. My MotoUS 800cc Cheetah was supposed to have a 30 day warranty. Yeah right!!!!! My piece of $hit shocks were leaking after the first ride and my buddies alternator wasn't working. Moto's response, "High use items such as shocks and engine are not covered under the warranty". :evil: :evil: :evil: Hence, my complete gutting of this Chinese piece of CRAP.

I feel better now :x

Anyway, it looks like a well thought-out and executed design Sean. Good luck!!

https://www.buggynews.com/viewtopic.php?p=49479#49479

Post subject: Super-Kart Super Moto LT -2 Improvement
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:16 pm 
Bannished Member
Bannished Member

We have made a design change to the Super Moto LT-2 that accomodates the trail rider and the dune rider. The version we showed this weekend is 82" wide x 65" in front. The show model had 15" wheels with 28" tall tire. With 25" high x 10" Wide 12" rims this sandrail will have 16" of clearence. With a 30" tire this will increase the clearenc to 18". We Have a second set of brackets for mounting the trailing arms so we can reduce the rear width to 69" for trail riding. This model has a single inboard Jamar dual caliper brake instead of the two 12" outboard Jamar disk brakes. While this is not as small regarding the width as our friends up north and back east would like there is only so much we can do with this design. We will be offering a new version of the this sandrail that will be sold without engine that will accept a 1.6 liter Honda Vtech Motor. Honda Vtech motors have up to 280hp so this sandrail can compete with $30,000.00 plus dollar sandrails. It will smoke an LS1 due to the power to weight ratio. We have over engineered tihis sandrail so 280hp is not a problem. Instead of mounting the radiator up high above your head (like all Chinese designs) we will mount the radiator in the wing. This is a safer and more practical design. Lithium power is also available and it will run between 75 and 100mph for at least 100 miles. It will cost more for Lithium but that is the future. We have a new version of the Rhino coming out that will be less than 60" wide for trail riding. We are entering the Baja 250 in March with the first ever electric Lithium powered sandrail. We plan on building a Baja Version of our Super Moto LT-2 sandrail to compete in Baja 250. They have agreed to give us our own class. With approximately 504 lbs of Lithium batteries and 38 kilowatts of power this is the only electric powered sandrail ever built on the planet to compete in any Baja race. We will integrate a Solar Bikini top for charging as we drive around Baja.

Thank you,

Sean McDonald

www.super-kart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:51 pm 
love the sand rail, sean, just wish we had sand around the mountains here. :roll: give us more info on the rhino type buggy your coming out with. havent heard anything about it..... :shock:

Post subject: Re: Super-Kart Super Moto LT -2 Improvement
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:28 am 
Buggy Addict

seaneva wrote:
Instead of mounting the radiator up high above your head (like all Chinese designs) we will mount the radiator in the wing.

Attachments:
MVC-011X.JPG
MVC-011X.JPG [ 139.91 KiB | Viewed 5390 times ]

LAFNGAS

05 Joyner Sand Devil

03 YZ450F

06 125cc SUNL Pit Bike

06 Rhino

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:11 pm 
Buggy Dealer

seaneva wrote:
Instead of mounting the radiator up high above your head (like all Chinese designs) we will mount the radiator in the wing.

Sean, I really like your design, in fact I would love to take it for a ride, but please watch out for the broad statements again...

stu

Attachments:
File comment: Blade 250XT radiator is not above your head!
BEST2 BLADE 250XT SIDE BACK.JPG
BEST2 BLADE 250XT SIDE BACK.JPG [ 1.76 MiB | Viewed 5378 times ]

"The Future In Off-Road"

"PLAY TOUGH-GET DIRTY"

http://WWW.BLADEPOWERSPORTS.COM

1-888-44-BLADE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:17 pm 
Buggy Dealer

I will say though, I just looked again, Bad A#@ looking sand Rail... It wouldn't fit in most of my current customers trails, but I tell you what, It is a good looking Rail and if you hit the right price point, you have something. I don't know it is for the crowd that I sell to as much as the AZ and CA crowd but we have some Rail parks here in FL that I am sure would love to get their hands on this machine. Does it have steering brakes? Most if not all of the rails running here have them, it is wild to see them turn using them..

Stu

"The Future In Off-Road"

"PLAY TOUGH-GET DIRTY"

http://WWW.BLADEPOWERSPORTS.COM

1-888-44-BLADE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:43 pm 
Buggy News Founder RIP

Yeah, that's more of an open space buggy. 69 inches is very wide for many trail systems.

We had the Stinger at Paddys and it was getting stuck at 63 inches on the ATV trails. It could go through many, but all you need is one tight sqeeze and it's a no go.

-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:10 pm 
Buggy Crazed

As long as there's room for a chainsaw :twisted: :twisted:

Never to early to start collecting wood for the winter :lol:

Chris

330cc polaris trail boss

70cc honda dirtbike

50cc suzuki quad

Post subject: Super-Moto LT-2 Radiator
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:01 pm 
Bannished Member
Bannished Member

I was referring to sandrails, not go-carts. The Chinese sandrails that I was referring to have 650cc, 800cc, 1000cc and 1600cc engines. I believe the one in the picture is less than 650cc and I consider it a go-kart and not a sandrail. Anything sandrails with less that 800cc where we ride is a waste of time. Sand eats horsepower and even the Chinese 650cc sandrails do not past muster in the sand and putting a $3,000.00 Turbo on an undepowered motor is a waste of time and money. I would not waste my time on a 650cc Chinese engine period! While our 18hp and 25 hp engine do okay in the sand, I would not reccomend anything less than 35 hp and the gearing better be at least 9 to 1 or 10 to 1 if you want to have enough torque to climb the dunes. My customers and I like driving in the desert on hard pack and I enjoy going up very steep hills, so steep that you loose your front steering. Our sandrails will climb very steep hills with ease. The CVT on all Chinese sandrails are not designed to do this. They are too small and the engines do not have the horsepower to go up these steep grades. No one I know makes a 800cc or larger CVT sandrail that is made in China. All 650cc and 800cs engne from China are from Mini Cars or Trucks so we will most likey never see a CVT from China. You can stop with a CVT on a steep hill and then take off easily by letting off on the brake while you are giving the engine gas but with four speed you can burn your clutch out fast trying to do this. We use a 50% overdrve CVT so we have both low end torque and top end. It is always about good engineering.

Sean

Post subject: Re: Super-Kart Super Moto LT -2 Improvement
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:54 am 
Do you need a driver??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

seaneva wrote:
We have made a design change to the Super Moto LT-2 that accomodates the trail rider and the dune rider. The version we showed this weekend is 82" wide x 65" in front. The show model had 15" wheels with 28" tall tire. With 25" high x 10" Wide 12" rims this sandrail will have 16" of clearence. With a 30" tire this will increase the clearenc to 18". We Have a second set of brackets for mounting the trailing arms so we can reduce the rear width to 69" for trail riding. This model has a single inboard Jamar dual caliper brake instead of the two 12" outboard Jamar disk brakes. While this is not as small regarding the width as our friends up north and back east would like there is only so much we can do with this design. We will be offering a new version of the this sandrail that will be sold without engine that will accept a 1.6 liter Honda Vtech Motor. Honda Vtech motors have up to 280hp so this sandrail can compete with $30,000.00 plus dollar sandrails. It will smoke an LS1 due to the power to weight ratio. We have over engineered tihis sandrail so 280hp is not a problem. Instead of mounting the radiator up high above your head (like all Chinese designs) we will mount the radiator in the wing. This is a safer and more practical design. Lithium power is also available and it will run between 75 and 100mph for at least 100 miles. It will cost more for Lithium but that is the future. We have a new version of the Rhino coming out that will be less than 60" wide for trail riding. We are entering the Baja 250 in March with the first ever electric Lithium powered sandrail. We plan on building a Baja Version of our Super Moto LT-2 sandrail to compete in Baja 250. They have agreed to give us our own class. With approximately 504 lbs of Lithium batteries and 38 kilowatts of power this is the only electric powered sandrail ever built on the planet to compete in any Baja race. We will integrate a Solar Bikini top for charging as we drive around Baja.

Thank you,

Sean McDonald

www.super-kart.com